The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Playing the Supra Garage game

rider

With the six members pictures that appear on the home page I decided to play the Garage game and check the MOT history.

One was disqualified from the game because it was a MR2. Of the other five one, a 93 car, has no online history available so has transitioned to bean cans or somewhere else a long time ago. One fell off the MOT and tax records in 2012, another one in 2013, one is now a BMW 530 and one is now a Toyota Lucida.

Not a single Supra still around on the same number plate doing the same old MOT, tax or SORN year in year out.

Ones with no history I suspect havent been checked for over 7 years (thats probably the cut off for retaining such data), so probably dead. Others may have been sold abroad... and the private plates on some moved on to other vehicles. I did similar checks on some of the cars I sat at Supra meets back in 2002/3 and not many appear to be still going. Makes you wonder if they're all dead or sold overseas.

Makes you wonder if they're all dead or sold overseas.

Its sobering in a sad kind of way - I ran through a couple more shots this morning and on the 12 that came into shot 1 had the plate whitened and the other 11 are all lost. Leaves me wondering how many in the owners garage are still around, at 0 out of 16 I'm going to recon not many. A few will have likely gone onto private plates or even sold outside of GB but it seems most are gone forever and are now shots of former Supras posted by former owners. The Supra Garage is like a montage to yesteryear where cars that used to be are shown in their prime.

Yup, but I'm sure there are still plenty of examples left, the turnout on the 21st anniversary was proof enough a few year back, and that was only a selection within the UK.

No doubt numbers will fall through the years for sure, and fewer number are getting imported from Japan I imagine. I bet many missing models are in Scandinavia or being used as parts cars! :)