The mkiv Supra Owners Club

performance direct insurers

Dave

Don’t use them. They quoted me £190 for mine so I took the policy out online and when they rang me to confirm all of the details there was a discrepancy on their half and they would not rectify it as it was there mistake so they cancelled the policy and then tried to charge me a admin fee and a months insurance.. and the admin fee was £80 alone

Don’t use them. They quoted me £190 for mine so I took the policy out online and when they rang me to confirm all of the details there was a discrepancy on their half and they would not rectify it as it was there mistake so they cancelled the policy and then tried to charge me a admin fee and a months insurance.. and the admin fee was £80 alone

Did you get a full refund? Id report them to trading standards if the mistake was on their side. In theory they could make a business doing that alone.

Did you get a full refund? Id report them to trading standards if the mistake was on their side. In theory they could make a business doing that alone.

I did. As the insurance due date wasn’t meant to start until 3 days later. So no documents had been sent out so no admin , but they told me that in the t&c they could do that. So I told them I would call my bank and tell them they took money without my permission then the manager said that they would just right it off... what a surprise..

The young girl that I spoke to was very rude to me it all sounded a bit of a shambles to be honest. But they came up on a comparison site..

Edited by sidewaysdan (see edit history)

footman james wanted £200 renewal compared to £160 for last year.

I tried getting a quote last night from Footman James to swap my insurance from current provider, filled all the forms in on internet to get to the end to be told they couldn't quote and to ring them.

On ringing them they said my supra isn't a classic unless it's over 30yrs old. So I said what about a quote not on classic insurance? To be told that it's not a modern car either????

So after a long winded conversation I was eventually told it's because they don't want any new business insuring Supra's even though there company is plastered all over our club forum pages!!!

I tried getting a quote last night from Footman James to swap my insurance from current provider, filled all the forms in on internet to get to the end to be told they couldn't quote and to ring them.

On ringing them they said my supra isn't a classic unless it's over 30yrs old. So I said what about a quote not on classic insurance? To be told that it's not a modern car either????

So after a long winded conversation I was eventually told it's because they don't want any new business insuring Supra's even though there company is plastered all over our club forum pages!!!

thats not what they told me was insured with them last year no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the reveiws wont bother