The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rusty fuel line

Dave

Went out in the car yesterday could smell fuel took it to my friends shop this morning put it up in the air and the pipe had gone on the plastic bracket by the rear wheel cut out the rusty bit and replaced it with rubber,the condition of the pipes that are not on the brackets are like new,so my tool box now contains a metre of rubber fuel pipe and small jubilee clips ,a jr hacksaw ,going to replace the whole lot with rubber fuel pipe when the weathers better .

Mine went there to and the other areas looked mint when removed to, also the brake line goes there to, id get it back up and check that?

I wouldnt do the whole lines in rubber, road debris and salt will soon take the rubber lines 'out'

If it's the pressure line to the rail that's leaking, and not the return from the regulator, I would NOT use rubber hose and clips!!

ill try and get a pic on sunday ,will phone MR T see if i can get new ones.thanks for the advice chris

It will mean dropping the fuel tank to fit new hard pipes, which in itself is fraught with the risk of broken fasteners. If it's the pressure line you can replace from tank top unit to fuel filter with -6 Teflon lined braided stainless hose and proper compression fittings. No need to disturb the tank then.