The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Metal monkey dials

rg500

I just bought some new dials from metal monkey and want to know if i will need a mph converter as the ones I had on the car only had 115 mph on them and the new ones the numbers are more tightly together so the speedo isn’t going to marry up pictures enclosed 1st pic of the one I took out the 2nd one are the new ones, if I do need a converter will the one from whifbitz do the job.as per photo.

9D8DA39F-B648-4C4B-A5A0-6AF0C597D367.jpeg

87C2B167-B413-4BE4-A8FA-21C61EFE1033.jpeg

BFF54C00-1BFD-453D-8385-6959C91C6193.png

I’m not sure what dial that is in the first picture

The dials on my old Supra would marry up to the metal monkey ones you have. That was uk Speedo

And for my new Supra I have just got metal monkey ones myself and they are perfect. From Kph to mph

imageimage

I think you will need a converter for you new metal monkey dials, I have the same speedo face as your first picture and they are an aftermarket face made by Lockwood to convert the KPH to MPH. I bought and fitted the Lockwood face myself as at the time wasnt confident in fitting the converter. Im now tempted but Metal Monkey Dials myself.

So basically I do need the speed converter does anyone know if they are hard to fit, I was looking at the one from whifbitz Cartek Speedo Converter/Delimiter has anyone fitted one of them, as for monkey metal dials they have stopped making them but will make them on request.

FE3E8993-A596-4D49-9FAF-A1D57F438CE4.png

Works well. I used the same stuff to bend the light to blue but it didn't come out as I'd hoped for that colour.

It looks like Metal Monkey have pulled down all their gauge kit pages recently.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they have stopped doing the Speedo stuff now but they have afew things left or will a special request. I can’t remember what she said but I got a set any way lol