The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie saying hi and questions

Guest beastofackworth

Guest beastofackworth

first post so just saying hi and have a few questions.im looking to purchase my next car about next june time when i have full ncd on my insurance and my shortlist includes a supra tt(along with rx7,r32 gtr).few questions about the supra.what size is the boot?pic would be nice.will golf clubs fit?does the car have a ski flap?

how high is the car?and whats the ground clearence like?

basically need to know if i can get my climbing gear in boot and there are loads of sleeping policemen round my way.

whats the insurance like?i have a fiat coupe 20vt(getting scrapped after blow up)and that gp 18/19 so im sure it shouldnt cost much more for the supra.

regards rich

Hi Rich i came from the Fiat 20vt to the Supra. The boot on the Supra is VERY shallow, not sure if the clubs would fit. The ground clearance on the Supra is fine standard, there's loads of speed bumps round here to and i've never grounded once.

yes golf clubs will fit when pushed up against the back seat. i've fitted two trolleys and two bags, but thats occupying the back seats aswel.

insurance depends how old you are, young 18+ approx £2000 - 25+ approx £1000 - 50+ approx £400 all with some no claims that is

Guest beastofackworth

i will be 29 and will have only 3 points on licence and hopefully 5 years ncd.the fiat cost me £1500 to insure fully comp but that was with a hybrid and some other engine mods and coilovers.wasnt 100% sure if the surpa had back seats or not.does it have a ski flap??if so may be able to get the fishing rods in too even though i usually have a banger to use for fishing and climbing would be nice to be able to use a good car when going climbing to france.

rich

Hi Rich, welcome to the club. As mentioned, the "cough" boot is rather shallow, not what you'd call very practical, although the rear seats fold down which does free up a bit more useful space. Rear seats are pretty much for kids only, adults can squeeze in but their journey won't be a comfortable one.

Guest beastofackworth

cheers hornet.actually looks a bit deeper than you made it sound!!lol

barney being a passenger with me is always uncomfortable regardless if your in the back or not!!lol

j4-yes ackworth.appreciate the offer mate.will pm you.

rich