The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from new member seeking facelift TT manual

James Junior

Hi guys,

Just signed up and saying hello. I am a long time JDM lover and currently on the hunt for a facelift twin turbo manual, ideally in white and in OEM or OEM+ bodywork. I have engaged Torque GT to search Japan for me and have a login for the Japanese auctions which I am scouring daily, but most of the cars that come up are wearing big bodykits and wings which are not my thing at all.

I have an MR2 Turbo which I sometimes display at shows. She was sourced via the owners forums from another enthusiast a few years ago and thought I would try the same here. I will put up a proper wanted ad but just wanted to say hello. It is great to see the forum is still active and going strong in the age of FB.

I would love to see some photos of your cars as inspiration to keep me going with my search! Below is a pic of my current MR2 Turbo and my outgoing 370Z, which I hope will be replaced with a Supra soon.

22448370_10159658132240195_9109918157862391847_n.jpg

16938887_10158461292420195_9097883250751687360_n.jpg

I have a facelift manual, though im keeping it ;) pic below.

They are few and far between so you may be better off trying to import one, you have a healthy budget so you should be able to source a very nice example :) Good luck with your search pal, nice cars you have there too :thumbs:

supe2.1.jpg

Hi guys,

What a pair of lovely cars. Supras look so good in standard trim, yet it is so rare to see. Having been scouring the auctions and fixed price listings in Japan, cars in standard bodywork are very rare. A few come up with the Aero kits on, but most are heavily kitted. If I did buy one wearing a bodykit, how easy is it to remove skirts and rear spats? Also is it relatively easy to source standard front bumpers? My plan has always been to have one in standard form with just a nice set of wheels.

Not averse to improving braking, suspension and power however... :)

Good luck with the search mate. Kits are easily removed, you may just have to source the plastics that were replaced with the kit. If its a stock kit you'll easily sell it too...

Sorry for off topic but Marty where did you get those clear front side markers?

Good luck with the search mate. Kits are easily removed, you may just have to source the plastics that were replaced with the kit. If its a stock kit you'll easily sell it too...

Sorry for off topic but Marty where did you get those clear front side markers?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-93-96-00-05-Celica-00-05-MR2-Euro-Clear-Front-Side-Lights/162194785607?hash=item25c3900547:g:BCUAAOxySE9Q72iX&vxp=mtr

US buddy, think its the ones linked above but not 100% sure, was a couple of years ago i bought them.

If I did buy one wearing a bodykit, how easy is it to remove skirts and rear spats? Also is it relatively easy to source standard front bumpers? My plan has always been to have one in standard form with just a nice set of wheels.

I think front bumpers are still available new. Used ones have dried up a bit and their price has rocketed (like the cars) so it's looking like a false economy these days.

You are coming along at the worst time in Supra buying history! but best of luck in your search, at least you aren't competing with the american's yet for facelifts

On that unless you want a specific facelift colour or really like the dash I would look at all TT6's, the preface lift have some advantages and the facelifts did get some slight cost cutting (minor stuff).

You are coming along at the worst time in Supra buying history! but best of luck in your search, at least you aren't competing with the american's yet for facelifts

Yes, sadly my timing is unfortunate given how prices have moved in the last two years. Markets inevitably ebb and flow however and I am willing and able to pay the cost of entry, so just got to suck it up. I was also in the market for a nice NSX but that really does look like a lost cause the way their prices have gone.

Still not seen any more nice Supras coming through the Jap auctions so just got to be patient. Whilst I am ready to move on the right car, I am in no rush to buy so can bide my time. Even if it takes a few months to find the right one (and then a few more to import it if buying in Japan) I have the MR2 Turbo to get my kicks as the weather starts to improve. I took it for a run on Sunday in the nice weather and it had me grinning from ear to ear. Such a cracking little car.

Hi James I see your in Cheshire. We have a healthy regional meet if you want to come along. There is one tomorrow at the Bears Paw - High Legh. Nice Z is that sold or do you have an Ad? And do you visit Gawsworth young timers event to show? Im going this yr FYI.

Thanks Spunkmeyer. I would love to join you tomorrow. What time is the meet?

The Z was sold last year. All it took was a mention of selling it to one chap in the owners group and a buyer materialised, paid full ask and the deal was done!

Not heard of the young timers event. Perhaps you can tell me more tomorrow evening if I can join you in High Legh.

welcome mate

Nice MR2 ! I had a few MR2 turbos in the past, great fun

good luck in your search

How much are Supras going for these days

here my yellow blob

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2017/05/99.jpg

You're no shrinking violet are you?!

Pre-facelift manuals are generally making around £20k to £25k, with post facelifts looking more like £23k and upwards, all dependent on mileage and condition of course. Having an eye on the Japanese auctions is really helpful. I have a login to the live auction data so I have been scouring it daily!