The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk Front brake set up, what's it worth??

Guest Terry S

Guest Terry S

I am seriously thinking of developing a Vortex front Big Brake kit.

If I do the following would be up for grabs. I seriously would like to know what it would fetch

2 x UK Calipers complete ( car has 35k on)

2 x DBA Gold discs with approx 2k on( these are the absolute nuts)

UK dust shields

inc a set of fast road/trackday pads ( about 500 miles on)

Teflon brake hoses

Tel, what about just getting the Rotora kit? It's lighter and uses 14" disc all round - been reading a thread on SF about light brakes and they seem to be the best VFM. 30+lbs of unsprung weight loss.

If you went for just some special front's would you supply a brake bias adjuster? As that would be thrown out.

I'd say the old stuff was worth £4-500.

Guest Terry S
Tel, what about just getting the Rotora kit? It's lighter and uses 14" disc all round - been reading a thread on SF about light brakes and they seem to be the best VFM. 30+lbs of unsprung weight loss.

If you went for just some special front's would you supply a brake bias adjuster? As that would be thrown out.

I'd say the old stuff was worth £4-500.

ah but this is where you need to be clever. Not looked at the other stuff, I worry about caliper stiffness etc.

If you are going that far I would go the ZMI route

These rotors with hats only weigh 5.4 lbs and come with 4 pistons. Everything is included in this kit for easy installation. By simply bolting on a ZMI brake system, you will experience superior stopping power, as well as, faster acceleration and more responsive handling. Never before has a company been able to offer better acceleration and improved handling with only changing the brakes on your street vehicle, until now. With weight reductions of both the rotor and the caliper, we can greatly reduce the amount of un-sprung weight on your vehicle. When you reduce the amount of un-sprung your vehicle will respond quicker and handle better. There is less weight for your suspension to move up and down, less weight = faster reaction times.

Every system comes with the following components:

2 - ZMI Calipers with Earl's Solo Bleed™, 2 - ZMI Titanium rotors with mounted hats, 2 - ZMI Brake lines with Earl's brake line fittings, 4 - Mintex Performance brake pads, 2 - Aluminum mounting brackets with hardware, 1 - Brake bleeder tool, 1 - Set of instructions, 1 - Certificate of Quality.

Guest Terry S

I can sell you some pads that will help mate, but I doubt anyone will commit to making a kit for the smaller wheels, as so few people run them now.

Guest Terry S
Terry - have you got the dba discs with the seperate ali bells ? was thinking about getting a set of these. Who did you get em off if you don't mind me asking ?

Not the ali bell ones Jason IMO they are too dear. The supplier for the UK had it's website down. I will look again soon.