The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top gear

shaz2010

Was flicking through the channels earlier and watched top gear, I’ve not bothered with it since the new cast but watched this one and thought it was decent. They were in Japan and showing some old skool jap 90s car. Plus there was a supra on there, Anyone’s?? haha

I enjoyed it (other than the needless destruction). Couldn't really care less about the 34 - looked ropey to begin with - but that RX7 was one of the nicest I've seen :( Hopefully it finds a new owner in the UK who is good at panel repair.

Will be up for sale at some point as a one careful owner no accident history :)

I watched it, thought it was ok, until they started covering Japanese Lambo club and the road going Le Mans Porsche, so a piece on Japanese car culture results in Euro supercars once more (as interesting as it is - just a wasted opportunity to me).

Also upsetting to see them wreck the RX7 after stating what a car it was etc, and that R34 GTT doesn't hold a candle to it in terms of looks and credibility imho :)

I’m surprised the comment by Chris Harris likening the R34 GTT to a Cockroach hasn’t caused a furore.

I can imagine that somewhere on a 'R34 GTT' forum there are calls for Chris Harris to be hung .. r34 gtts do look abit bland compared to gtr's though lol

I enjoyed it (other than the needless destruction). Couldn't really care less about the 34 - looked ropey to begin with - but that RX7 was one of the nicest I've seen :( Hopefully it finds a new owner in the UK who is good at panel repair.

I’ve been enjoying the new format, but agree it was hard too watch that rx-7 getting bashed about. Chris Harris said on Twitter he was seriously considering buying it himself and fixing it. Possibly guilt from all the tweets he’s been getting about ruining it.

Imagine all the owners clubs that have watched in horror as top gear and GT have destroyed one of their cars. It’s what became their USP through the years. suppose we should be glad Chris walked past the Supra.

I was more upset by the 850R (Africa?) and the Lotus Esprit (Argentina) than a banana yellow RX7.

But I’m sure we would all prefer watching Vicky BH and Tiff drive a car round Anglesey [emoji42] than write off a car in the art of entertainment especially a Japanese 90s icon [emoji33]

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

But I’m sure we would all prefer watching Vicky BH

Oh god no, she is horrendous. A bit like that bint they have on TG now, Sabine is it? With her forced smile and evident body language that she has not got a clue whats going on unless she is in a car.

Get them both off TV, it would be a better place.

Must admit, loving the RX7. Yellow maybe not, but nothing a respray or wrap will not fix.

Oh god no, she is horrendous. A bit like that bint they have on TG now, Sabine is it? With her forced smile and evident body language that she has not got a clue whats going on unless she is in a car.

Get them both off TV, it would be a better place.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think! :rlol:

I watched it, thought it was ok, until they started covering Japanese Lambo club and the road going Le Mans Porsche, so a piece on Japanese car culture results in Euro supercars once more (as interesting as it is - just a wasted opportunity to me).

Also upsetting to see them wreck the RX7 after stating what a car it was etc, and that R34 GTT doesn't hold a candle to it in terms of looks and credibility imho :)

Yeh I agree with this,when you think of all the great Japanese cars they could have shown, and how about a visit to some of the great tuning shops.Showing Matt in a taxi racing whatsisname on the train complete waste of time and all been done before.