The mkiv Supra Owners Club

under body ????

peter richards

hi guys spent a few hours yesterday straightening up the sills , got the front up to do the filter but couldn't reach it , so that will have to wait , anyway ill have to see if I can get a lift as I nearly killed myself struggling on the floor, things like the front suspension arms looked quite rusty , is it just a matter of a good wire brushing and a metal paint on things like this ,

Peter, you can check out my thread, but I focused on the rear. I can recommend scaffold board ramps for cleaning as you don't need remove the wheels just get some height and yours being I think stock suspension you can get a steep ish ramp without clearance issues.

I don't think I'll touch my arms as it's just cosmetic surface rust, I focus on the body and fuel/brake lines things that can be worse in time with costly implications.

Get it up in the air, give it a good clean (your forte!) and inspect for problem areas, that's a fair few hours to get started!

If you have the space buy yourself a 2 post lift and if you have the height go for a full height lift. I had a new 4T one fitted for only £1600. I decided to buy a lift after spending a cold winter rolling around on a concrete floor doing the lower panel and arch paintwork and new chrome on one of my cars and it has proved to be the best £1600 I have ever spent on car bits and things.

yes mate I made some from scaffolding boards last year , I made them in two pieces so once up I can take away the slope bit , but still not really high enough I struggled big time yesterday , not really got to much height in my garage , the floor is covered so not to bad condition wise , just need it up really to do it properly , ive put the word out to see if anyone around here has a pit or a lift . ordering some bonnet latches , so got that to do as well