The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to view a car at high wycombe at 10.30, anyone free??

D1andonlyantman

As far as im aware we are not allowed to talk about them but im sure searching for wycombe will help.

Always a good idea to take someone

As above however you may struggle to find the stories on google now as many a criminal has threatened the forum with court action and therefore the story has been removed. Seems the same as gone for all the high Wycombe related stories, I can’t find any on google

Looks really clean but when it first went on it showed a side shot picture in a underground car park that showed one of the front wings did not line up with door shut big gap the picture was soon removed , the front bumper looks a different colour but is a hard to match the rest of the car looks stock body wise so I’d definitely go over the front end look for signs of any damage especially if previous owner was a drifter.

Good luck I like the underneath and engine bay pics I have seen, maybe use today as a first viewing you can always leave a small holding deposit say £100 and return for further investigation later next week possibly giving more time for a knowledgeable forum member to pop over with you?

Take the mileage with a large pinch of salt as the steering wheel and front seats are not original so two mileage cover ups there.

As it’s a fresh import the car should be rust free (as pics) but that doesn’t prove the mileage as my fresh import rsp shell is extremely clean on the chassis and Subframes etc but has far more miles.

It also stated this was bought through Harlow Jap Autos (HJA) I would call them up too and check it out as I couldn’t find it on their website although there was nearly the exact same car but a newer car and also mentioned the drift guy?

Possibly arrange an independent inspection as previous damage would be my concern and can be cover up very well.

If they start showing you other cars etc or making excuses where the car is walk way ok.

Oh and the last one is don’t mention the forum

Apparently a common business practice of some dealers in High Wycombe (not mentioning any names) is to advertise nice cars to attract buyers, who find upon arrival that said car isnt there, and they get offered an alternative.

But even terrible dealers can get nice cars, you just have to be extra careful. I would want it up on a ramp before considering parting with money.

Apparently a common business practice of some dealers in High Wycombe (not mentioning any names) is to advertise nice cars to attract buyers, who find upon arrival that said car isnt there, and they get offered an alternative.

But even terrible dealers can get nice cars, you just have to be extra careful. I would want it up on a ramp before considering parting with money.

This

I got my head under the rear end, it was immaculate. Phoned the importer who remembered it and said it is what it seems. Bodywork was flawless apart from where the rear wheels catch the arches when you go up a steep hill, because it's insanely hilly where he is. Unfortunately it's taken some of the paint off the top of one arch right on the inside. Also 2 patches of rust by the battery tray, but they're so concentrated im pretty sure it's from a battery leak at some point. The dash has had gauges removed though which has left it in a bit of a mess, but not too bad in the grand scheme of things. All in all it seems cracking to a noob like me, but because it would empty my bank i don't want to buy a car that needs money spent on it. Id possibly respray the rear quarter to keep it perfect once the suspension was adjusted. Looks awesome tbh, but I'm no expert

Edited by D1andonlyantman (see edit history)

I got my head under the rear end, it was immaculate. Phoned the importer who remembered it and said it is what it seems. Bodywork was flawless apart from where the rear wheels catch the arches when you go up a steep hill, because it's insanely hilly where he is. Unfortunately it's taken some of the paint off the top of one arch right on the inside. Also 2 patches of rust by the battery tray, but they're so concentrated im pretty sure it's from a battery leak at some point. The dash has had gauges removed though which has left it in a bit of a mess, but not too bad in the grand scheme of things. All in all it seems cracking to a noob like me, but because it would empty my bank i don't want to buy a car that needs money spent on it. Id possibly respray the rear quarter to keep it perfect once the suspension was adjusted. Looks awesome tbh, but I'm no expert

Sounds rough to me, come look at some of the club cars and you’d change your mind on what is immaculate. From what I’ve heard about this exact car it is not clean

Did you check the panel gaps at the front end including doors? Bumper colour the same?

In fairness that does look clean, I’m just criticising heavily because of the amount of evidence I’ve seen from these dealers over the years.

Any other pictures?

I've got a few but nothing worth uploading to imgur and then sharing here lol. Coming from an evo, rust is my biggest enemy, and I saw nothing worrying. I now see what people meant when they said the supposed 40k supra I was looking at looked aged....

Bumper colour looked almost identical if not identical. Bit of a gap underneath the lights, maybe a few mil, but the bumper was aftermarket so it's not surprising. I lifted the carpet in the boot, stuck my head in every crevice possible, it was good. If the arch didn't rub and the interior wasn't full of old gauge marks, I would have taken it. Maybe someone will find it's a wrongen and I'll have to eat my words, but it seemed good to me.

I spot Tein's, so Im out lol.

Looks very clean to me, but in my opinion bottom line is, as long as the shell is straight, engine and box are good the rest can be replaced. Theres tons of parts out there, as long as the price reflects any potential issues Id buy it.

Looks very clean to me, but in my opinion bottom line is, as long as the shell is straight, engine and box are good the rest can be replaced. Theres tons of parts out there, as long as the price reflects any potential issues Id buy it.

Exactly my thoughts if it’s straight shell and a fresh import even the price isn’t too bad!

I now see what people meant when they said the supposed 40k supra I was looking at looked aged....

Glad you now know what a cleaner example looks like and that is why quite a few of us questioned that car.

Apparently a common business practice of some dealers in High Wycombe (not mentioning any names) is to advertise nice cars to attract buyers, who find upon arrival that said car isnt there,

Exactly what happened to me when I went to go buy my first Supra. Got there, and all e had was a beaten up NA auto which people on the forum were all taking the piss out of.

Edited by Karl M N (see edit history)