The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra photoshop request please..

ripped_fear

As above I have started doing some work on the supra again, I have removed the UK lights as one has fogged up since it was cleaned with a jet wash after some work. The seals on the outer edges are leaking so a simple re-seal should sort it but i have noticed a TINY amount of corrosion which has lead to me thinking about fully splitting them and re-furbing them.

What I want to do Is facelft them black leaving the oem two rings, and retro fit one of james rings to the UK largest has a ring like the facelift.

Anyone able to blacken my lights to see how they would look and add a ring on the largest bulb, I know what facelifts would look like but the lenses on the uks are completely different and I would bee keen to see what they would look like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=225141&stc=1&d=1517330936

attachment.php?attachmentid=218953&stc=1&d=1495137633

Do one thing mate, dont use a plain matt black. Real facelift fronts are actually a dark gunmetal inside. I can take closer shots over the weekend if itll help you. People do facelifting to the lights but totally miss the colour completley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225827[/ATTACH]

There you go ;)

Your a Dick :rlol: but they look superb

Do one thing mate, dont use a plain matt black. Real facelift fronts are actually a dark gunmetal inside. I can take closer shots over the weekend if itll help you. People do facelifting to the lights but totally miss the colour completley

For sure mate totally agree

Not gunmetal, they are a more brown type of grey.

Manufacturer : TOYOTA

Code : 1A1

Colour name : DARK BROWNISH GREY

Stock code : L9991

Alt. : 0

Color Change :

Quality : CROMAX

Coat : 2 COAT

Finish type : Gloss

PB :

VS : vs7

Standard Date : 16/02/1993

Formulation Date : 27/01/1997

attachment.php?attachmentid=225835&d=1520067723

Not gunmetal, they are a more brown type of grey.

Manufacturer : TOYOTA

Code : 1A1

Colour name : DARK BROWNISH GREY

Stock code : L9991

Alt. : 0

Color Change :

Quality : CROMAX

Coat : 2 COAT

Finish type : Gloss

PB :

VS : vs7

Standard Date : 16/02/1993

Formulation Date : 27/01/1997

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=225835&d=1520067723

Sorry i disagree. I personally have facelift headlights and its nothing like 1A1 or 'MSB', to show what i mean, heres some supras wearing 1A1 with genuine facelift headlights

Sorry i disagree. I personally have facelift headlights and its nothing like 1A1 or 'MSB', to show what i mean, heres some supras wearing 1A1 with genuine facelift headlights

Ok :) Those are my inserts in the pic I uploaded as they came out from behind the lenses for the first time. I had Halfords make up 1A1 and it's identical. Can't say I've inspected anyone elses headlights, so I'm just going by what I've seen on my own lights and read somewhere (which for the life of me I can't find the old database). Maybe someone at Toyota made a batch of MSB headlight inserts for a laugh one day? ;)

I investigated it off the back of someone else's thread sometime ago and that's what I found. There might be variations in different headlights.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?224624-Facelift-or-uk-headlights&p=3281925&viewfull=1#post3281925

I had mine done in matt black many years ago, but mainly because it's a black car, and I didn't like the look of the grey facelifts on black car.

Hmm I'm really torn, I'd like some facelifts but equally don't want plastic lenses.

/QUOTE]

if you do go for facelifts just make sure and keep the glass, i wish i kept mine, sold for 250 in mint condition years ago.

Heres the catch though

-Glass, lenses stay nice but the inner chrome surround peels

-Facelift, plastic lenses will eventually yellow, and you also get peeling on the inside

both give totally different looks but just tally it all up