The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Envy silicone hose kit fitted pics

Zed

Hi everyone, just thought I'd post up a few pics of my silicone hose kit from Envy. :cool: Some of the old hoses were completely solid, had to completely destroy them to remove, and also got a few grazed and bloody knuckles. :swear:

The hoses seem to grip onto the pipes quite firmly so hopefully theres no chance of any slipping off while driving. :flame:

I also reverted to my stock airbox with Blitz LM panel, so I have an Apex'i power cone filter available if anyone's interested. :)

Hoses1.JPG

Hoses2.JPG

Hoses3.JPG

I did mine on Sunday, no pics yet because the engine bay needs more bling first but once I'd decided to throw the crappy 'instructions' away and go freestyle it was easy enough :)

Like you I found a lot of very dodgy old hoses that needed cutting off and the new ones went on easily enough - currently nursing lots of stigmata style wounds and finding it painful to type ;)

I think the only way to fit the throttle cable hose would be to undo the cable at the throttle body. It's quite easy from what I can see, you take the tension out of the cable to remove it by tapping it out sideways those of you who have replaced the brake cable on your bmx's in the past will work it out easily and then just remove anything that is in the way, I think, I couldn't be bothered to do that one though. :thumbs:

I carefully gunked my engine bay before removing the old hoses as well. :)

not being funny here but that doesn't look any different to mine and i paid about £12 for my hose. you can buy it per meter at places like santa pod and jae

It's probably identical, you just pay extra for the fact that someone with a really bad tape measure has precut all the pipes at a weird angle for you and left them all either 5mm shorter than expected or 5mm longer - oh and you get 'instructions' which consist of a pic of an engine (possibly a Supra) taken from 200m away with random letters of the alphabet scattered over it ;)

My summary on this one:

"It's cheaper than Hose Techniques, they look nice... you can get them cheaper if you aren't lazy, a lot of your standard hoses will be well past it so it's a worthy mod"

Why is it that the uk has 2 cable's? I'm sure I've seen some j's with it too.

The second cable is for cruise control. :thumbs:

It's probably identical, you just pay extra for the fact that someone with a really bad tape measure has precut all the pipes at a weird angle for you and left them all either 5mm shorter than expected or 5mm longer - oh and you get 'instructions' which consist of a pic of an engine (possibly a Supra) taken from 200m away with random letters of the alphabet scattered over it

LOL, that is so true, for a while I was measuring each pipe and comparing to the pic and listing for each hose, then just started cutting the pipes and the extra lengths to complete the job. At least there's plenty extra included.