The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bonnet catches (again)

peter richards

ok guys cars deffo coming out this year , but I need to secure the bonnet , just don't trust the oem catches , so was thinking round 20mm quick release , but where to fit them , don't want them in between the lights as that's not where it lifts , but had a look last year but didn't really find somewhere above the lights , so just asking before I attempt it . any info appreciated , like pics or a description or come here and fit them for me .

peter:)

the last few years , although not driven the car much , the bonnets is popping open if I go over a bump or pothole , ive wd40d the white box but no good , ive oiled it still the same , the cable has probably streached and the bonnet pull isn't returning flat inside the car , so my option is to pin it.

don't really want to go down the aerocatch road I think they are a bit big, they look ok on a black car but mine is silver and I don't want to paint them , so was thinking two small round quick release catches would do the trick , but where to put them , I know ben put one on his f+f , but I think he said it was a mare to fit

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)