The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help identifying something!?

Tommyd16

Was just poking about under my Supra I recently purchased. Something I miss on inspection of the car when buying it.

I noticed near the diff a flexi hose just like a brake hose but it wasn’t attached to anything! And the banjo bolt just blanked with a nut and tie wrapped out the way. Flexi hose went back to a hard pipe that went toward to the diff. The flexi pipe won’t reach the calliper. Found this on all four corners.

It’s obviously not the brakes because they work, thank god and they have braided pipes that seemed to go normal way. Sorry if it’s a dodgy explanation but my phone died and couldn’t take a picture.

Anyone have any idea what it is. I’ll get a picture tomorow

Ok so I got some pics. I was panicking thinking it was something to do with the brakes but they look correct comparing to this diagram.

Right front

Front left

Rear right

So it looks like the brakes are correct. And I know it’s rusty and the rear anti roll bar is missing buts it’s a long term project and currently sorn.

You probably need to move on a rear anti-roll bar sooner rather than later if you want an OEM or TRD as they are both out of manufacture. There are still a few TRD bars working though the supply chain in the USA but I couldn't track down a new OEM rear bar anywhere. I did manage to get an as new second hand bar but at a price, which was the same as a new one used to cost. The OEM bushes were a struggle to track down to. Hopefully you have the roll bar bush support brackets still on the frame as they are discontinued as well. The only other options are the adjustable 'racing' bars and brackets.