The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage size

D1andonlyantman

Hi everyone. Looking to buy my first supra. Got the cash, actually found one I want, and am in talks with the owner, but it has occurred to me that my garage is very small and the supra is not... I could get in and out of my evo ok, but it was pretty tight and according to Google, the supra is an inch wider, but also appears to have longer doors which won't help. My garage is 2.45m across, is anyone else dealing with a space that tight?

Cheers

Btw I'm pretty slim and nimble ;)

Hi everyone. Looking to buy my first supra. Got the cash, actually found one I want, and am in talks with the owner, but it has occurred to me that my garage is very small and the supra is not... I could get in and out of my evo ok, but it was pretty tight and according to Google, the supra is an inch wider, but also appears to have longer doors which won't help. My garage is 2.45m across, is anyone else dealing with a space that tight?

Cheers

Mine is very tight! The sizes might be on the forum for mine from many years ago, I'll have a search back for you. Check the door width of the garage first, not the internal width ;) Mine is that tight that I have to put the window down to enable me to open the door a little and then slide out of the car, then stretch my arm in to put the window back up, but I have trapped my head between the glass and car before doing that :rlol:

Cheers

Mine is a little tight width ways, I have to have a play getting it as close to one side as possible which ideally takes two people lol

length ways is not a problem as my garage is a extra 7 foot longer then a normal garage

I will try and do some measuring at the weekend for you and post it up

Wow that was fast! Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is a little tight width ways, I have to have a play getting it as close to one side as possible which ideally takes two people lol

length ways is not a problem as my garage is a extra 8 foot longer then a normal garage

I will try and do some measuring at the weekend for you and post it up

Wicked, thanks chaps

Wow that was fast! Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Wicked, thanks chaps

You're welcome :)

I don't think you will have a problem, you've got 100mm extra width then me, and even in my garage I worked on it a lot last year fitting my paddle shift and electronic gearshift. I was in and out of the car a lot no problem.

length ways is not a problem as my garage is a extra 7 foot longer then a normal garage

I want your length! :rlol:

Awesome, I should be all good then. Now just need to wait until tomorrow when the guy tells me if the supra is for sale or not. He wants to keep it but has got his eye on an R34 GTR so might need the money. I'm praying!

Oh I forgot to say, put carpet on the walls to help avoid accidents, I used carpet tiles and no nailed them to walls.