The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS FCD for BPU

Fulcrum2000

Do you have one fitted on yours Mk4Gaz and any issues if so?

No mate, I bought one but realised I had a mines ecu, so didn't need it.

I'm now running stand alone, so still don't need one!

Some people have had issues with them, and others have had no problems. I think they work by bending the map sensor signal, to tell the ecu you're running less boost than you actually are.

You need to careful with your settings on the HKS FCD, especially when targeting a higher boost level like 1.2 bar.

I've seen a few people adjust fuel cut limit without monitoring Air-Fuel ratio not knowing that with the HKS unit the more you increase the fuel cut limit the leaner it will make your engine run. Leaner fuel ratio will make the car feel faster which feels good, but you could be doing damage in the long run.

Toyota ECU does run stock quite rich from factory so there is some room to play with with leaning out the fuel a bit, but without monitoring the change you have no idea if you are doing so safely.

Considering every engine & setup runs slightly different, I'd advise trying to get some sort of temporary AFR monitoring setup whilst dialing in your HKS FCD, before blindly following settings posted on a forum. Just to be on the safe side.

I believe FCD from CW does not suffer from this side affect.

Thanks guys I decided not to risk I and just bought one from Chris Wilson. I went for the HKS because its the one in the BPU 'kits' and had high praise on here at the time I looked but I dont think there's any point in skimping when I've already spent so much on BPU bits. I'll get an AFR gauge anyway as they make sense and are dirt cheap what kind of readouts should I be seeing at 1.2 boost on one of these to ensure the setup is not causing damage?

Thanks guys I decided not to risk I and just bought one from Chris Wilson. I went for the HKS because its the one in the BPU 'kits' and had high praise on here at the time I looked but I dont think there's any point in skimping when I've already spent so much on BPU bits. I'll get an AFR gauge anyway as they make sense and are dirt cheap what kind of readouts should I be seeing at 1.2 boost on one of these to ensure the setup is not causing damage?

With your AFR gauge you under boost you want your air fuel ratio to be sitting at around 11.5.

Wise choice :thumbs: