The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Great news all my problems are fixed!

Tom

Well I was about to go on my way to the scappers to find some vsv's but before I went I thought i'd better check how difficult the egcv vsv was to get too, once I put my hand on the vsv looking for the bolt I noticed something missing! the plug that goes it into the vsv had been disconnected! I suspect that it was plugged in previosuly but had somehow worked it's way out!

So it was infact the IACV vsv that was the problem as this being disconnected didnt allow any boost on turbo 2!

Funny thing is now when the 2nd comes on you really know it's there even in stock form and the dip in between is much greater too.

shame I can't dyno it again before I go away, oh well!

Thanks to Ian C's fantastic write up on the sequential system as I dought I would have known what I should be doing without that!

Fuckit I've just done myself out of £20 for that spare VSV lol :D

Glad to hear it - was the plug off the EGCV or IACV one, it's a bit hard to tell from your post...?

-Ian

Sorry Ian,

the IACV vsv was knackered which I changed yesterday but it was the egcv connecter to the vsv that was disconnected!:p

so 2 things really although had this still be connected it was the iacv vsv, and I fixed it all for free! great!

Glad to hear it Tom. I've been following your difficulties with it and impressed you have found it yourself. Look at the positive side of things...you know your way around it much better now. Now get out there and enjoy No2 :D

Cheers G, that's exactly how I viewed it!

If anyone else has problems then give me a shout, I have 2 weeks off to help!