The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Technical wheel nut question...

ShawnPreece

Wasn't sure I was ever going to write that thread title but hey there it is :)

Basically with my Weld wheels I got for my rear I got some wheel nuts with them that are in chrome (pictured below). Ideally I want them in black but it is seeming to be impossible to get exact pattern replacements in black... I have found these which seem the closest match I can find but they are closed ends and doesn't specify the lengths of the nut to measure exact... would these work? or alternatively what is the best method or turning mine black as I spoke to Ibrar about powdercoating but he said the powdercoat would be to thick so all I can think of atm is paint which ideally I want alot better finish than that aswell as more durable.

Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=225276&stc=1&d=1517913895

attachment.php?attachmentid=225277&stc=1&d=1517913895

attachment.php?attachmentid=225278&stc=1&d=1517913895

attachment.php?attachmentid=225279&stc=1&d=1517913895

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2414.PNG

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

Bit difficult getting anything done to them now as they are chromed. I could get you some made from scratch, then chemically blacked, but they wont be cheap I bet. Just depends on how badly you need/want black nuts, anything can be made for a price.

Thanks for the idea's guys, ideally was hoping that they would be available to buy in the same spec/size but in black only searching the internet is proving impossible to find any, I am favouring the idea of getting the chrome stripped and then blacking them though if I have to modify mine. The spec of them for the material etc to gauge an idea of possible processes is below...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225280&stc=1&d=1517918031

Material.JPG

Easy enough to make if you know someone with a CNC lathe, have a search around for local engineering

comps

Yeah it might be that yet mate iv emailed a company about stripping the chrome off and then blackening mine but if the response isn't positive then I will probably go down this route