The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Harrogate Car Theft!!

Dragonball

Some mates of mine up in the normally quiet and refined Harrogate...

They were having dinner with friends when she saw BOTH of their cars being driven out of the drive, they had been locked in the house by the thieves and handbags, mobiles money nicked from the kitchen...scary huh...

:woot:

Police reckon it was a gang from Leeds, several other cars went in the area - prime pickings in Harrogate - every other car is a Merc or BMW

Scary stuff, a friend of mine in Skipton got an Audi S4 taken off him the other week, he'd only had it a day and when he arrived home he noticed a van parked up the end of the cul de sac, he got out of the car and suddenly there are two chaps there requesting his keys.... he's no longer an S4 owner :(

...and its going to get worse...

Theres a lot of desperate people moving over here, I guess driving around in a car worth more than £15k these days is like walking about holding a big wad of cash!

At least this kind of crime dosn't seem to affect Supras, another good reason to own one I guess.

What i'd like to know is how do you stand if the they get away with ya car by getting the keys off you!

I have had three attempts at being car jacked, one at gun point when i owned a Beemer...but managed to escape...with car on all occasions, though i did get stabbed in the hand in Barcelona on one occasion!

:complain:

Hope they fnd the culprits...though i kind of begrudge paying for their stay at HM B&B

I had Blackjax fitted when i got my clifford alarm, can be annoying keep putting in the code each time a door opens and closes before driving off.

Was just wondering on the subject has anyone had a situation when its been worth its money?

Gary

friend of mine had a tracker fitted with a tlelphone hotline.

Car was jacked he had it on speed dial. Called and told them hiss password and the alarm went off, car would not top 10KMH and something else I cant remember what he said.

He walked over to the car got back in. called again and drove off :eyebrows: :respekt:

Sounds good, i would love to see their faces when they realise a cars got a trick up its sleeve like only getting up to 10kmh or getting 20 seconds down the road before the engine cuts out and alarm sounds like blackjax is supposed to do!

How far can a supe get in 20 seconds tho! It'll be a good old jog down the road to see where they abandoned it, and if you're a fast enough runner you might just be able to catch them getting out :devil:

Im hitting the treadmill later... :D