The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member. Here to gather some knowledge before buying my dream car.

Orochimaru

Hey guys, whats up? Heard good things about this forum, ive been told i can find all the information i need here about the Supra, hopefully i will.

Planning to buy a Supra in a year or two, something standard, not a super fast one, and hopefully start learning more about cars and slowly upgrade it during the coming years to turn it into a reliable, powerful, beautiful beast that i dream of. Hopefully i can learn a lot from you guys. :D

welcome.

Are you looking for a turbo or normally aspirated?

Hopefully we can answer any questions you come up with

Hey man, not really sure yet, probably gonna take me at least another 50 hours of reading and watching videos to decide what i want to get.

But the idea i have in my head is this, i want to buy a stock or near stock Supra 220-280hp, drive it and get used to it for about 6 months or more (this is gonna my first powerful car, so it will take a while, my first and last car was a VW GOLF IV). Then while doing research the whole time, i want to pretty much take the car apart (not the engine), see what it is, understand how it is put together, then put it back together and change whatever i want, make it pretty. After that i want to start working on the engine, transmission etc.. replace any bad and old parts, clean the whole thing inside out, first 2-3 years i will probably just want it to be a pretty and clean car that is not really a race car or anything. After all that i want to start upgrading the engine, from what ive seen so far i think i will want it to be a big single turbo with about 600-800hp, do some (safe and fun) racing, take it to Nurbergring and just enjoy it, that is pretty much what i want with this car xD

Ive been in love with this car since 2000 when i first saw it as a 10 year old boy. So i think its time to make that dream come true, in one or two years time, depending how much money i put together and what kind of a deal i find.

Welcome!

I want to buy a stock or near stock Supra 220-280hp, drive it and get used to it for about 6 months or more (this is gonna my first powerful car, so it will take a while, my first and last car was a VW GOLF IV).

Well, your first choice is NA or TT. You won't get much above 220 by mild tuning an NA through decay/exhaust unless you go for an NA-T turbo conversion. These can work well and there are plenty of examples on the forum, but are sometimes trickier to sell on. I started off with an NA 15 years ago after having a FWD euro hatch. It got me used to RWD and looked great.

Your TT will be 320bhp onwards. If you're thinking long term that you'd like a TT then buy now as they're only increasing in price. You could always engineer a boost leak to keep the power down ;)

Welcome!

Well, your first choice is NA or TT. You won't get much above 220 by mild tuning an NA through decay/exhaust unless you go for an NA-T turbo conversion. These can work well and there are plenty of examples on the forum, but are sometimes trickier to sell on. I started off with an NA 15 years ago after having a FWD euro hatch. It got me used to RWD and looked great.

Your TT will be 320bhp onwards. If you're thinking long term that you'd like a TT then buy now as they're only increasing in price. You could always engineer a boost leak to keep the power down ;)

I see. Is the price difference big between NA and TT? And where would you recommend i buy one, here on the forum or just a car sale website, like autoscout24? Im from Belgium and we dont have many Supras here, so ill most likely have to buy either in The Netherlands, Germany or UK. I actually have no idea what the prices are in UK i have looked at other European countries and im thinking i could probably find what i want between 10-18k EUR. Also, what car sale website would you recommend in UK?