The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First time NA 5spd Supra ownern West Mids, UK!

Willyharper

Good morning/afternoon ladies and gents (wherever you are in the world!)

Allow me to introduce myself.

My names Will, from Shropshire, UK and in November I bought my first ever Toyota Supra. It’s a car I’ve always dreamed of and been envious of people who own one. I’ve wanted since I was a small boy, first introduced to me via the infamous original The Fast and The Furious back in 2001.

She’s a white 1994 SZ, 5 speed manual (w58) on roughly 87,000miles, imported from Japan to the UK in 2005.

It’s history: It was originally the stock Supra Silver, then was resprayed Renault Sport Yellow whilst still in japan (see picture below). The guy before me had it for 12 months before he sold it. During his ownership he got it into a spray shop and managed to get the exterior & door shuts resprayed in a very poorly done Ford Frozen white. However he didn’t actually get to drive it, for two reasons. 1.) he bought it as a project with no MOT etc and to return to original condition. 2.) he lost his licence due to an accident in his Evo (he had at the time).

I bought the car on the 26th of November, so had a few days to appreciate it before I flew out to Val Disere, France, where I am currently working as a ski seasonnaire until May 1st. However I also, bought it as a project - no MOT, needs brake pads and a couple other things interior/exterior wise replacing.

I have many plans for it to follow upon my return in May, which I am highly excited for.

I have already bought online a set of Corbeau RRB bucket seats which are absolutely gorgeous. A set of 18” Work CR Kai’s, and yet to purchase a set of Tein Basis Z coil overs, before I return in the UK so those 3 crucial mods can be done the first week I’m home.

I have a “wish list” as long as my arm on my phone that I wish to complete over the coming years.

This up and coming July, a group of about 8 of my friends will be driving to Le Mans for the classic race. (Last year we did the 24 hour, so this year we’re going to mix it up a bit!) I hope to get the car looking right for the time I’ll be driving around Le Mans town centre in it!

Once I have saved a few quid up, I intend on buying a basic/stock 2jz-gte engine and a CD006 gearbox from a 350z and converting it myself, learning along the way on how to do an engine swap. I mean, what better way than to learn with a 2JZ-GTE, right?! However, until then it will be a show car, not a race car, sadly!

With the car being poorly resprayed (by poorly.. I mean it wasn’t finished, the interior of the bay - still silver and boot was not resprayed - still Yellow inside!) I again, am going to get the car fully resprayed when I have the engine and gearbox out and get it done properly in Toyota Gloss White.

Whoever previously “modified” this motor had an interesting look on bodykits, that’s for sure. It has the “Do-Luck” front bumper, which in some cases I really like on supras. However, just not on mine. So I’m going to sell it and replace it for a new Ridox bumper. It has an awful aftermarket, cheap big gay wing which I have since ownership removed and am going to replace it with a lovely TRD wing which I will have sprayed white - the same colour as the car, with a gloss black crossbar and carbon dipped end caps. Furthermore it has this nasty “JDL” rear bumper and sideskirts which I am not the greatest fan of, along with some aftermarket German front and rear fender extensions (as seen in the pictures off eBay!) and a set of brand new, but cheap and nasty Vermillion executive 18” Wheels, which I hate! So again, they will all be coming off and I’ll replace them with a set of Ridox sideskirts, a Trial rear bumper and the Work Kia alloys. Also I will remove, split, sand down the interior of the headlight lenses, paint the inserts black and reconstruct them for a more, up to date/facelift and aggressive look.

Anyway. It’s definitely going to be a long and expensive project, but I can’t tell you guys how much I am looking forward to it, and how happy I am to be a part of a genuine Supra group that is purely Supra car owners, which I can come to for advice and update you on my build progress, and its not just a page of fans or fanatics!

Sorry I don’t have more photos of the car at the moment, these are the only pictures I have on my phone of it. But when I get home I’ll upload way more photos as time goes by.

Hope to get to know some of you quite well over the coming years, and it would be great if there were a few Supra owners around the midlands/wales area who would be willing to meet up sometime for a beer and a chat about the worlds most iconic and tuneable JDM car of all time.

If any of you have any questions for me about the car, plans etc don’t hesitate to ask me or approach me about anything!

Best wishes to you guys.

26167637_10159731870340612_3343933956591021389_n.jpg

24059033_10159561682865612_1892108621684002676_n.jpg

23905298_10159561682870612_160654128549826129_n.jpg

24068317_10159561682795612_1126332545295707588_n.jpg

27332655_10159839324855612_1410951898823144930_n.jpg

A great introduction and some great plans you got for her. Where abouts in west midlands are you? by mentioning Wales aswell I assume your close to my side as im in Hereford so always welcome to come and have a look around my Supra's and the projects I am doing with them :) p.s. jealous of you being out in val d'isere all season, love skiing :)

I'm in Shrewsbury, only recently a new member having bought mine around 2 weeks ago; definitely willing to meet up or even help with the build when you need a 2nd pair of hands. I'm by no means a mechanic but taught myself everything I know by working on my old MR2 MK2 and ST205 GT4 :)