The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Centre console wiring, identifying help. *pics attached.

Lewmc93

Changed the title and main theme of the post.

Any help with trying to decipher this crap show of wiring, and whats connected to what.

From what i can tell none of the amp/sub stuff is connected which is the section on the top left side of pic, 3 empty plugs. Yet all music and speakers work so not sure on that? safe to say i can remove amp and that subsequent wiring?

No idea what the empty bullet connectors are for in the middle of the picture either.

The wire coming in to the strange connection in the middle are all off a boost gauge and also the black box pictured which connects to the climate controls. i assume its a converter ?

But unsure as to what they are splicing into and why. if any one can enlighten me that would be great

Also found this tiny black box too. Not the foggiest of a clue what it is .

Just mainly trying to tidy up whats behind.

Edited by Lewmc93 (see edit history)

Have you got "GLO" gauges in? that epicentre is a box that is on the wiring for GLO gauges that change colour

Not that am aware , one end is just a 2 pin connector, the other is spliced into the harness , up behind the odo, this is also where the splice for the turbo gauge is spliced into , so I could assume this is just an ign live splice ?

Not that am aware , one end is just a 2 pin connector, the other is spliced into the harness , up behind the odo, this is also where the splice for the turbo gauge is spliced into , so I could assume this is just an ign live splice ?

Id guess its probably had one in the past as it looks very similar to the picture below (I could be wrong). Maybe if the boost gauge is plumbed into it then they are using this loom still to light up the boost gauge when the car lights are on... its hard to know without tracing back the wires but it would probably be my guess

attachment.php?attachmentid=224830&stc=1&d=1516359618

GuagesEpicenter.jpg

I also have this behind the clocks, I'm positive it's the conversion to mph, But how would I know if it also has a delimiter function ? As sometimes I hit the limiter sometimes I don't, . The loose attached to a blue and red lined wire , which I guess is a speed reading wire?

15163598232801886467073.jpg

Id guess its probably had one in the past as it looks very similar to the picture below (I could be wrong). Maybe if the boost gauge is plumbed into it then they are using this loom still to light up the boost gauge when the car lights are on... its hard to know without tracing back the wires but it would probably be my guess

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=224830&stc=1&d=1516359618

That looks similar , few extra wires on yours but same thing by the looks of it . Right it's coming out now , 1 piece of crap wiring out , 500 to go.

I also have this behind the clocks, I'm positive it's the conversion to mph, But how would I know if it also has a delimiter function ? As sometimes I hit the limiter sometimes I don't, . The loose attached to a blue and red lined wire , which I guess is a speed reading wire?

Unless there is a part number of some sort I dont think there is a way of knowing without actually trying it... but yes the delimiter is usually built into the converter

That looks similar , few extra wires on yours but same thing by the looks of it . Right it's coming out now , 1 piece of crap wiring out , 500 to go.

Yeah I haven't touched one for a while (that was just a google images pic I found to show it) but the extra wires are the ones going to the dials. It's only a guess but just thinking possibly they might of cut them off to still use the loom as a power source to light up the boost gauge (a horrible way to do it but iv come across alot worse in previous cars iv bought lol). Yeah id pull it from there mate.

Sorry my knowledge is limited in this area hopefully someone who knows alot more will pop up :)

Unless there is a part number of some sort I dont think there is a way of knowing without actually trying it... but yes the delimiter is usually built into the converter

Yeah I haven't touched one for a while (that was just a google images pic I found to show it) but the extra wires are the ones going to the dials. It's only a guess but just thinking possibly they might of cut them off to still use the loom as a power source to light up the boost gauge (a horrible way to do it but iv come across alot worse in previous cars iv bought lol). Yeah id pull it from there mate.

Sorry my knowledge is limited in this area hopefully someone who knows alot more will pop up :)

Cheers I owe you a pint if I'm ever in the area ,

The Speedo and ignition side all looks to be original and splice free , it's mainly the centre that's a mess , I have about 5 white connectors just unplugged, with nothing to plug in to , the passenger footwell centre side has a box in but nothing connects to it either ,

It also doesn't help that I supposedly have race logic tc system but none of the parts have any numbers or names on so not even sure if it's legit or not !