The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are UK spec Supras UNIQUE?

ARPUS

I'm not an expert on Supras, but I think most of us know that UK spec Supras had a number of extras fitted, which J spec cars didn't have.

i.e. .... Aluminium bonnet, Different dash-board, Larger injectors etc.

Did Toyota sell UK spec style versions in other countries? ( e.g. An Australian spec or a French spec )

If they didn't, then that makes our UK spec cars incredibly rare, but why did they only offer the higher specification on UK cars and nowhere else?

Because Toyota sold so few UK spec cars, spare parts like aluminium bonnets, will soon become impossible to find.

Edited by ARPUS (see edit history)

Was it you who did that jag auto selector thingy? If so...if imagine your value has dropped slightly.

It was yes :) And why’s that? Nothing is permanently altered on the car if that’s what you’re wrongly assuming? I designed it as plug and play as I didn’t want to permantly change a rare uk spec, so the car can be returned back to stock in around an hour or less.

Let me guess, you own a j-spec? ;)

Let me guess, you own a j-spec? ;)

16 years on this forum and I see the same tiresome stuff. Some J-spec owners still obsessed with the value of UK specs :lol:

To answer the original question. YES - the full set of features on a UK spec they are unique to the UK market. Euros have most of them too. UK/Euro specs generally have higher spec as its a tougher market and customers have high demands. Main difference between UK/EURO apart from the mph/kph + LDH/RHD issue is the headlight washer system... mainly because our roads are/were messy.