The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just can't stop buying parts

rider

I think I have developed an addiction to buying Supra spare parts. I have a two full height multi shelf racks of shelving now dedicated to holding new and recycled spare parts for the Supra. The entire run of one side of the garage dedicated to parts new and old. A set of fuel and brake lines hanging off the garage wall. Alongside the garage I have two sets of Toyota wheels. I make sure I write the price paid for all the parts just in case I sell the parts, rather than utilise them myself.

Just bought a 1st and 2nd cat and now looking at a spare set of inter-cooler hoses thinking should i? I know its not just me hoovering up parts so maybe a group session at a buyers rehab is needed this side of a hoarders club with a pooled store of parts set up instead. Are there any fellow hoarders interested in setting up a pooled parts resource?

I think I have developed an addiction to buying Supra spare parts. I have a two full height multi shelf racks of shelving now dedicated to holding new and recycled spare parts for the Supra. The entire run of one side of the garage dedicated to parts new and old. A set of fuel and brake lines hanging off the garage wall. Alongside the garage I have two sets of Toyota wheels. I make sure I write the price paid for all the parts just in case I sell the parts, rather than utilise them myself.

Just bought a 1st and 2nd cat and now looking at a spare set of inter-cooler hoses thinking should i? I know its not just me hoovering up parts so maybe a group session at a buyers rehab is needed this side of a hoarders club with a pooled store of parts set up instead. Are there any fellow hoarders interested in setting up a pooled parts resource?

I think you're one of a growing number. It's addictive and prudent if you wish to maintain the vehicle over an extended period.

No one interested in doing a hoarders club with at least a parts register so when there is a need there is a collective pool of parts to ask about? A group could even identify and buy desired pooled parts for when people have a minor bump or any hard to find discontinued parts to buy if and when they become available? Just need to be sure It's a trusted parts storer if doing pooled purchases, wouldn't matter if it was a maintained up to date list of parts that people could look to draw from as needs occurred.

A lot of vintage classic car clubs do forums and sell parts as well, why not have the same for Supras. A cooperative and coordinated effort to pool and share/sell parts?