The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil cooler size and where to buy

safcdixon

I used this,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/obp-Gearbox-Diff-Engine-Oil-to-Air-Cooler-25-Row-10-JIC-AN10-Male-Fittings/121697043241?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Been fine.

Great price on that 30 row Mark!

I've got a brand new 30 row cooler I'm selling. I was going to use it for cooling my transmission but went a different route.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282802205877?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Cheers fellas, Is 25-30row the general size poeple use on road use supras? Not going to be crazy power but i drive like abit of a bellend ;) :D

Previous owner had one on this engine, i thought most singles did tbh, do you not have one on yours Gaz?

No mate, the engine oil shouldn't get any hotter, unless you plan to do a lot of track days - but that would be the case whether you were single or oem twins bud

Cheers fellas, Is 25-30row the general size poeple use on road use supras? Not going to be crazy power but i drive like abit of a bellend ;) :D

Since I went single, I've been monitoring my oil temperature without an external cooler for a while now and for your average drive with a few pulls here or there I see temperatures in the high 90's.

Prolonged motorway driving has oil sitting at 100. Only when I start driving like a nutter for a decent amount of time, only then can I see oil temperatures starting to go between 110-115, which is normally where I ease off the throttle and give the engine some time to cool down. Annoyingly without a proper cooler, it does take a few minutes for oil temps to drop back down, which can be a bit frustrating.

I'm not even running the stock oil cooler system either like most TT's have. I've just got the NA oil filter housing. Results should be better with the stock system.

Do you need an oil cooler for road use? Not really.

Is there a benefit if you don't drive like miss daisy. Definitely, I've got a 20 row cooler waiting to go on.

No mate, the engine oil shouldn't get any hotter, unless you plan to do a lot of track days - but that would be the case whether you were single or oem twins bud

/QUOTE]

Hmm Thats something to consider then it will save a little hassle, money and fab’ing brackets/hoses etc to

Since I went single, I've been monitoring my oil temperature without an external cooler for a while now and for your average drive with a few pulls here or there I see temperatures in the high 90's.

Prolonged motorway driving has oil sitting at 100. Only when I start driving like a nutter for a decent amount of time, only then can I see oil temperatures starting to go between 110-115, which is normally where I ease off the throttle and give the engine some time to cool down. Annoyingly without a proper cooler, it does take a few minutes for oil temps to drop back down, which can be a bit frustrating.

I'm not even running the stock oil cooler system either like most TT's have. I've just got the NA oil filter housing. Results should be better with the stock system.

Do you need an oil cooler for road use? Not really.

Is there a benefit if you don't drive like miss daisy. Definitely, I've got a 20 row cooler waiting to go on.

Thats good to hear dude, big help, gives me something to think about for sure the cars still stripped down so itd be best to fit one now, but if its not needed its a expense and time that could be spent elsewhere on the car