The mkiv Supra Owners Club

25 year maintenance

Waheed

Any one got any tips on what to change / upgrade on my supra while its going through maintenance for the winter. What's being changed at the moment is, All water hoses to silicone All hoses / vac hoses All engine seals Valves and seals Both belts Turbo from ceramic to steel Turbo seals Suspension Disks and calipers Anything else that will see it through another 25 years? Don't want an issue on something down the line. It's done 350k km Mk4 jdm TT 1993 I'm thinking like: Bushes Engine mounts Etc etc Any input wold be really appreciated

Could be a long list of things to have a close look at but a few on my

list would be

Crank Pulley

Radiator & cap

Intercooler

Brake lines

Brake calipers

Fuel lines

Fuel filter

All suspension ball joints & bushes, have the eccentric adjusters ever been moved ? if not they could well be seized, worth doing a geometry check

All fluids changed

Close inspection underneath for rot

I'd also clean and treat the door and boot seals

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

After 20 years it'd be a good time to visit all the front to rear fuel and brake lines to check their condition. Also worth popping the tank cover in the boot area to see if you have a soil build up on top of the tank which will take down the breather pipe over time. Probably while underneath push a USB camera inside your tank guard to see how much road debris is in there and if there is any rust (these tend to go from the inside).

Check the integrity of the rear wheel housing protective coating, any lifting even minuscule lifting could spell bad news for water trapped under the protective coating. If all is good I'd recommend a sealant application between the wheel arch and the protective coating. I applied Abro undercoating spray over this area which is a very fast way of covering this exposed area.

Also its easy to remove the rear diff air vents and rear hockey sticks to do a quick visual to make sure there is no corrosion going on in that area.

Check your rear anti-roll bar. They do suffer a conical wear pattern under the bush. The bush is split so if you loosen the mount bracket then you should be able to look inside. The bars are hollow so the wear can and does lead to bars snapping.

Have a look at the condition of your rear sub frame, if its rusting chances are its rusting on the top to, where you have no access without dropping the sub frame. If its rusting then you should be thinking about dropping the frame and giving everything a good going over to ensure it'll still be good in 25 years time. If you drop the frame then you would want to think about new arms and bushes while you can still get them from Mr T, but then you are into many more £ thousands of expense.

You can take a look see as far as you or your pocket wants to go, but for 25 years further endurance I'd focus more on the bodywork than steel versus ceramic turbos.

Power steering pump to rack hoses, they tend to get forgotten about.

Yup and those, the list on an untouched 25 yr old car is pretty much the whole car imo

I'd closely inspect everything :) somethings are hard to check like heater matrix which could be a tad

tired by now.

Thanks to all. I've gotta say that I sent the message out via various mediums last night. This is by far and actually the only place I got any reply. Big respect to the community on here . I know where I belong. Thanks again to you and the administrator / so.

Anyone needed their engine mounts changing after all this time. Just thought of it. If so, any suggestions as to which one. Any idea of price.?

Changed mine years ago for new OE but cant re call the price.

Look on the traders websites Whifbitz SRD etc

http://www.srdtuning.com/

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?143751-Extreme-Performance

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?318793-Hello-from-TB-Developments

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Thanks to all. I've gotta say that I sent the message out via various mediums last night. This is by far and actually the only place I got any reply. Big respect to the community on here . I know where I belong. Thanks again to you and the administrator / so.

:thumbs: