The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally a Supra Owner!

Crossy

So, I finally took the plunge after looking for a few months at what was about for my budget, so firstly I'd like to thank all of you that took the time to slide into my DM's :D or messaged on my classifieds post whether it be advice, information or cars for sale, and also Rider for being kind enough to show me around his Supra while it was up on his frame.

I'd like to seriously thank Glanza_Mike, not only for being one of the most genuine car sellers I've met, but for being so patient with me once I had put the deposit down at the back end of December. Shortly explained, Barclays stitched me over unknowingly on a 1K per transaction spending limit that wasn't removed from when I was 16; I then had hell with my work over the last 2 weeks due to 1 of our team members retiring, meaning I've had to cover some ridiculous hours and also weekend working to save my employer from some hefty late completion fines, which in turn meant that I had set Mike back 2 weeks on the agreed pick up date. To say he was gentlemanly about it all was an understatement, so this is just a voice of appreciation again for that.

On the whole, 100% worth it, I have ended up with a stunning low mileage Auto example that has had some brilliant upgrades with the money spent in really sensible places, by someone who clearly knew what they were doing and setting out to achieve in the long term and I really couldn't be happier with it! Knowing I also have the build thread to view as extra history is the icing really.

This is the vehicle itself, which is a photo of Mikes, and a quick photo of mine once near home, just waiting on being able to clean and detail it and also some daylight to take some more photos of it asap!

20180103_140210.jpg

Screenshot_20180113-192503.jpg

Edited by Crossy (see edit history)

You're welcome mate, I'm glad we finally got there, and I hope you get Ad much enjoyment out of the car as I did.

I saw someone said I'm surprised mile sold and so am I :D never thought I'd end up selling that car but I've agreed a deal on something else although I won't be collecting for quite some time. I'll start another build thread on here in about 9 months if anyone is interested.

And Sam, it was a pleasure doing business mate, I look forward to seeing the changes you make. Look after my baby for me :) by far the best car I've ever owned, not even close.

Sam

You’ve got a cracking car there mate. Mike and I have been for numerous spirited drives around the Midlands, often scaring ourselves a little too much :D Mike has cherished this car since the day he got it and as you probably know has a serious OCD affliction! The Supra is as mint as they come so look after it, use it and cherish it. Enjoy mate!

Mike - you are a massive bender.

Definitely interested to see your next build thread Mike :D

And I appreciate all of the comments; I'll take that into consideration thanks Barry, appreciate that, much easier than poking around under axel stands!

I'll likely look to start my own thread soon once I've planned out a couple of ideas for it and learnt much more about the car itself!

That would have been me yeah, for a younger looking lad he was about one of the only people who asked the good and sensible questions about it! Was just unfortunate that someone else had a viewing scheduled beforehand.

He did mention he had a brother in law who was around here as well once I mentioned the Supra!

Hoping I'll be able to get to some shows this year and meet a lot of you :thumbs:

Oooooohhhhh... Now that looks like something to look forward to! I'll have to get onto my work and see what my Rota pattern and overtime/callout pattern is!

How many miles you imagining we will cover? I'll attempt to work out my fuel costs and start putting money aside :D

Oooooohhhhh... Now that looks like something to look forward to! I'll have to get onto my work and see what my Rota pattern and overtime/callout pattern is!

How many miles you imagining we will cover? I'll attempt to work out my fuel costs and start putting money aside :D

Well you're in the Midlands like me, and us Midland lot usually do 800 to 1000 miles door to door. I haven't worked out the mileage for this one as I haven't done all the routes yet, but it's a shorter distance trip this year as I'm only taking us all down to France, but it will be fun back road driving all the way mate :) A trip not to be missed!

Edited by Burna (see edit history)