The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Prices?

rob wild

Ok so I've got a minor oil leak and i had a look about and it seems to be coming from the sump gasket. It could also do with an oil change as well. So I rang a local performance garage who quoted me:

£141 pounds to change the oil and check the car over and if they found anything then it would be extra i.e. top up the gearbox fluid level etc and another £55 + vat to seal the sump.

Does that sound about right or not?

Cheers guys :)

Ok so I've got a minor oil leak and i had a look about and it seems to be coming from the sump gasket. It could also do with an oil change as well. So I rang a local performance garage who quoted me:

£141 pounds to change the oil and check the car over and if they found anything then it would be extra i.e. top up the gearbox fluid level etc and another £55 + vat to seal the sump.

Does that sound about right or not?

£141 is about the same as a Toyota main dealer A service with no trimmings (pretty much an oil change and a check over). IMHO that doesn't quite square with the £55+VAT for dropping the sump, cleaning it, re-sealing it and bolting it back up.

Right that's not too bad then, its just I've not really used this garage before and I've heard some good and bad reports over service. And cause I normally change the oil and stuff myself wasn't to sure if they were a bit pricey for really changing the oil and resealing.

That's the only down side to owning a supra in the North West there isn't really any well established garages i.e. like a Dude or CW. But never mine :)