The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adrian Flux Supra Article - The Supercar Killer

jimjam92

Great read, nice car too. As you work for Flux does that mean you would have some way of providing the Club with competitive insurance with an agreed value and like for like insurance?

I would like to, as we have deals set up with many other clubs and forums, but whenever we have approached the site admin team in the past there has been little interest.

Great read, nice car too. As you work for Flux does that mean you would have some way of providing the Club with competitive insurance with an agreed value and like for like insurance?

Maybe not a great choice as they told me less than a year ago no Supra in the UK was worth more than £12k. Lots of other insurers that hit the top of the customer satisfactions list that will take photos and comparable car sales ads as proof of value, which AF will not.

Maybe not a great choice as they told me less than a year ago no Supra in the UK was worth more than £12k. Lots of other insurers that hit the top of the customer satisfactions list that will take photos and comparable car sales ads as proof of value, which AF will not.

This exact scenario came across my desk a few months ago it just so happens. The owner was trying to get a £17k Agreed Valuation (after submitting photos etc) but underwriters were saying they could only go up to £14k. After I got wind of it I had a word with the underwriters using my own experiences as an owners and they agreed to raise the value to the requested amount.

I would like to, as we have deals set up with many other clubs and forums, but whenever we have approached the site admin team in the past there has been little interest.

If you could give it some time and thought I am sure many members would be happy to have another option available as Sky appear to be very hit and miss.

Sky weren’t interested at all so I thought I would contact Flux and it all went fine. A little more expensive (£30) but I had the agreed value I wanted (but hope to never have to use) and like for like cover on all mods.

Well done, the article makes for a good read.

As Adrian Flux seem to have a soft spot for the Supra though you would think they'd offer more competitive rates and discounts for club members.

Remember when doing a quote with an insurer it's not just based on the car, but the whole package - they don't ask all those intrusive questions for no reason, it's all to build up a risk profile so they can accurately quote your risk by comparing against data they have acquired over many years and used to build their schemes. Different insurers are better for different people and if one insurer was competitive all the time then they'd be the only ones in the industry.

Edited by jimjam92 (see edit history)

I will be in my 10th year of Supra ownership come February, so will need to reinsurance, I have been with Adrian Flux for 8 of those years and have been pleased with the renewal cost's as they have mostly been competitive, however this year I may up the value of my car.

Great article mate and nice looking Supra too :)

On the Adrian Flux conversation one of my main drawbacks is the limited mileage scheme, I am honest in my estimated mileage at times of quote but dont like the fact that if I done a few more things than planned then my insurance could be cut short.