The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member :)

Josh91

Hi All,

Just thought I would say hi to everyone on here :)

I'm also looking for some information on UK spec supra's.....

Eg. How many were made? how many of each colour etc?

Is there anywhere where i can get this information? :)

I may be getting hold of a UK Spec manual TT6 Supra in Dark Jewel Green in the near future so trying to find some specs on it :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Josh

Hi All,

Just thought I would say hi to everyone on here :)

I'm also looking for some information on UK spec supra's.....

Eg. How many were made? how many of each colour etc?

Is there anywhere where i can get this information? :)

I may be getting hold of a UK Spec manual TT6 Supra in Dark Jewel Green in the near future so trying to find some specs on it :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Josh

Hi,

There were never any green uk specs as it wasn’t an option so the car you are looking at has been resprayed. There was one in green but I believe Toyota had it specially imported in that colour and it is in Europe somewhere or possibly Russia.

The only definitive way to tell is to read the vin plate, if you want you can pm it to me and I can break it down for you.

Welcome!

There were 673 UK spec Supras produced in total I think!?

There are web pages with colour numbers for the Jspecs and USA cars but not sure about the UK cars? Have a look here:

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm#PRODUCTION

and here:

http://97supraturbo.com/faq/

:)

Paul W

Edited by brassbones (see edit history)

Ah ok, are they bad for rusting etc?

they're better than most, but as its a UK car it could have been exposed to winter roads (salt) for over 20 years.

Then again it could have been kept in a garage each winter and be perfect.

You'll need to have a real good look over it (and under it) and then make a call.

they're better than most, but as its a UK car it could have been exposed to winter roads (salt) for over 20 years.

Then again it could have been kept in a garage each winter and be perfect.

You'll need to have a real good look over it (and under it) and then make a call.

Ah ok, thanks for the help :)

It’s mostly been kept on a drive for most of its life I think so I will have a good look.

What would you say the going value for a 90k mile manual uk spec Twin turbo Supra is?

Ah ok, thanks for the help :)

It’s mostly been kept on a drive for most of its life I think so I will have a good look.

What would you say the going value for a 90k mile manual uk spec Twin turbo Supra is?

Depends on many variables really.

As mentioned UK winters can take their toll.

Is the paintwork jaded, interior raggy, was it maintained (being sat does them no good so you might need to factor in brake hoses, new discs and pads, bushes maybe etc etc), auto vs manual (let's not start that argument but autos are better and manuals just plain expensive).

You could do with getting it up in the air and looking underneath then take it for a good run.

Try and get them to start it from cold and listen for rattles etc and look for the standard stem seal blue puff out the back.

If you know someone nearby who has one, get them to go along with you, pay them in chips and beer and all should be good.

Resprayed, or not a UK spec ;) Anyway should be easy enough to work out. Welcome

Yep

Welcome!

There were 673 UK spec Supras produced in total I think!?

There are web pages with colour numbers for the Jspecs and USA cars but not sure about the UK cars? Have a look here:

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm#PRODUCTION

and here:

http://97supraturbo.com/faq/

:)

Paul W

Nope there were 623. 673 was in the whole of Europe not just UK.

It will be Storm Blue.

What is the mileage and background of the car?

Yep

You mean Baltic Blue Metallic ;)

Nope it’s storm blue :)

It will be Storm Blue.

About 623 UK Spec Supras were sold between 1993 and 1996.

Colours available were red, white, silver, black and storm blue.

All were twin turbo - no NAs, no aerotops. Majority were autos.

This man is a font of knowledge !!

Well my dad has MOT’d it for quite a while now as he is a mechanic by trade and says it needs abit of work including valve stem seals but I’ve done a lot of work myself on my own cars so wouldn’t mind a new project :)

I’m not sure of the condition underneath but I’ll check it.

I’ve always been into Japanese cars and I remember my dad taking me out in this exact Supra when I was a kid and I loved the noise from it! :D

I currently own a 1991 R32 GTR which I imported from Japan a few years ago but will be keeping that aswell as the Supra hopefully! :)

Well my dad has MOT’d it for quite a while now as he is a mechanic by trade and says it needs abit of work including valve stem seals but I’ve done a lot of work myself on my own cars so wouldn’t mind a new project :)

I’m not sure of the condition underneath but I’ll check it.

I’ve always been into Japanese cars and I remember my dad taking me out in this exact Supra when I was a kid and I loved the noise from it! :D

I currently own a 1991 R32 GTR which I imported from Japan a few years ago but will be keeping that aswell as the Supra hopefully! :)

Valve stem seals are a very common issue.