The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear ABS sensor

NevesDany

Best seek out a breaker and buy a hub with the ABS sensor fitted. There are some members holding spares but they are holding spares for their own cars so that'd likely need a strong money incentive to make them part their ways.

They are still available from Toyota. It's just the facelift one instead of pre-facelift. The only difference is the clip is plastic instead of metal.

I ordered a set from Amayama just before Christmas.

Part numbers are:

89545-14020 Rear RH

89546-14020 Rear LH

I paid about £220 per sensor including UK VAT, duty and postage.

If you have the original bracket from your broken sensor you should be able to get either a rear left or right side second hand sensor and swap the bracket over.

Have you measured to make sure the cable length is the same on both sides? There was a difference in the sensor on my hubs to those fitted in the facelift hubs that came on the loaded frame I used for the frame swap. The sensor on my car were flat with two silver metal strips visible. The ones on the swap frame had a raised button at the tip and no sign of any parallel silver metal strips. Is the ABS sensor ring the same pre 97 to post 97? I never bothered checking as I retained the original hubs with the original ABS sensors but i'd be interested to have it confirmed that I can remove and hold the post 97 facelift sensors as spares for my pre-97 car.

Have you measured to make sure the cable length is the same on both sides? There was a difference in the sensor on my hubs to those fitted in the facelift hubs that came on the loaded frame I used for the frame swap. The sensor on my car were flat with two silver metal strips visible. The ones on the swap frame had a raised button at the tip and no sign of any parallel silver metal strips. Is the ABS sensor ring the same pre 97 to post 97? I never bothered checking as I retained the original hubs with the original ABS sensors but i'd be interested to have it confirmed that I can remove and hold the post 97 facelift sensors as spares for my pre-97 car.

Interested to know this too please.

This was discussed to some extent in this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?337570-ABS-sensors-still-available/page4&highlight=Abs+sensor

The consensus was that they are interchangable.

Of note:

I believe there is only a single rear hub knuckle part number for all Supra years. So sensor fitment shouldn't be an issue.

My car is a facelift car running on UK spec drive shafts, with the appropriate ABS rings. I have had no issues with these ABS rings working with my facelift ABS sensors.

This was discussed to some extent in this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?337570-ABS-sensors-still-available/page4&highlight=Abs+sensor

The consensus was that they are interchangable.

Of note:

I believe there is only a single rear hub knuckle part number for all Supra years. So sensor fitment shouldn't be an issue.

My car is a facelift car running on UK spec drive shafts, with the appropriate ABS rings. I have had no issues with these ABS rings working with my facelift ABS sensors.

Well that certainly is good to know :thumbs: Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.