The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Dash

Nic

I have been looking for a carbon dash kit for months, not the nasty stick on stuff, but actual moulded replacement panels in carbon fibre. I've had my supplier in Japan contacting lots of companies but with no luck.

So I decided to make my own, actual moulded carbon fibre pieces would have been hugely expensive in small quantities, so I looked into producing the next best thing, carbon-effect replacement panels. Got first test sample back, which is now fitted to my mates car. All I can say is the finished result looks absolutely amazing and completely transforms his tired interior. You would struggle to tell that they were not genuine carbon panels, they have a very durable, deep gloss finish with the weave visible beneath.

Can't wait to get mine done now, may look at doing tinted coloured carbon-effect, perhaps a silver weave, to match my Kahn steering wheel.

I will post up some photos tomorrow so you can see the quality, they were taken in the dark on my mates camera, hope they will show just how good they turned out.

cheers

Edit: Okay finally got a few photos the first one gives an idea of the depth of the shine, the other 2 are a little over exposed with the flash but give the idea of the quality. I'll get some better photos taken in daylight shortly.

DSC06327.JPG

DSC06324.JPG

DSC06326.JPG

sounds interesting - do you have an idea on cost ?

Not sure on cost yet, if there is enough interest, I may be able to negotiate some discounted costs for a bulk order and supply these to members.

I'll post photos tomorrow. Meanwhile if there is anyone that could be interested in a set, please put your name down here, so I can get an idea of numbers, to negotiate some costs. Obviously there would be no obligation at this stage.

Also if anyone has a spare full set of plastic interior dash/door parts (any spec) please PM me as I may be interested in buying for development purposes. Doesn't matter about condition of the parts provided they are all available and are in one piece.

Oh and just for Alex's benefit, the dash parts would need to be of the RHD variety :D

You said that yesterday :) . I'd be interested but need Pics

:needspic:

Yes I know I did :twak: :p I couldn't get hold of my mate today whose camera the photos are on.

Don't worry I guarantee that you will not be disappointed in the quality, as they look amazing in real life, just hope the photos do them justice.

1. Nic (black/silver)

2. Cashpoint

3. Shovels

Its not really the carbon that has another color. If its real carbon you just take another part in it like Aramid or Kevlar which have different colors but without a Vac setup will be very hard to form in this angles.

As I said in my original post, it is 'carbon effect' as it would be extremely expensive to produce small quatities of genuine laid carbon parts. I've seen a few coloured carbon effect pieces which look very cool. I'll get a list of colours that are available and post photos if possible.

I have edited the first post and added a few photos. Not got enough interest to make it worth while making more at the moment so if interested let me know. I think the final prices will be quite attractive but need an idea of numbers first.

Yeah that looks exactly like the water transfer technic...

There are some companys over here in germany that do stuff like this will run you around 150 pounds I would say to get your stock trims covered with whatever you like. If some people are interested I could arrange something or even single pieces.

Yes the test sample in the photos is water transfer on a set of stock dash parts. Really appreciate the offer of taking over organising this, after all the work I've done. I was just trying to offer members a good deal on this but if you think you can do the same quality, cheaper, then over to you mate!

Yes the test sample in the photos is water transfer on a set of stock dash parts. Really appreciate the offer of taking over organising this, after all the work I've done. I was just trying to offer members a good deal on this but if you think you can do the same quality, cheaper, then over to you mate!

Dont want to take away your business. Just as you said if its only single persons it wouldnt be worth your time so I would help somebody out if he cant find a company in the UK to do this and will give him the contact details of the german company that did the car of somebody I know.

Anyone else interested?

What I may decide to do is offer the carbon dash on an exchange basis ie. I'll buy some good second hand panels here, get them covered (see pic) and then advertise them. Once received, the buyer would need to post me back their old panels. This way I should be able to offer very good prices.

If anyone has any second hand dash panels they want to sell please pm me.

cheers

• 10 months later...