The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement windscreen needed

dracula

The recent storms dislodged a roof tile and no prizes for guessing where it landed.... typically the supra’s only on the drive under a cover as it’s usual garage spot is being taken up while I’m doing some work on the fiat.

I can’t claim on the insurance so looking to source a replacement screen myself, any ideas as to what the going rate is, or the best place to find one? I’ve seen the Whifbitz heated replacement (~£350) which doesn’t seem too bad (comparing it to when I had my Soarer one replaced a few years back... that one was an insurance job and just as well as it was nearly £900 ffs!) and I quite like the idea of a heated screen. The Supra’s a ‘96 n/a btw.

The only crumb of comfort in this story is that it’s made my mind up about whether to take the glass out for its long overdue respray!

Cheers guys, I only found the damage this morning as it was hidden by the car cover so not had a chance to ring round and get an idea of price & availability. £250 from Mr. T seems pretty reasonable, but maybe because the Supra was sold in the Uk whereas the Soarer wasn’t. (I’m just glad the tile didn’t hit the Sera that was parked right next to the Supra! #tryfindingglassforoneofthose)

I’ll give Toyota a ring tomorrow and post up the latest prices for screen & seals also...

Just ordered one from Toyota at £285 plus a front seal at £45 and a seal for the rear screen at £75 (all inclusive of vat) which I didn’t think was too horrendous. It’ll be delivered to my local branch on Wednesday and save all the arsing around getting it down to Devon in one piece...