The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear end removal

Mr2kyle

I would like to say now that I'm sorry if this has already been done (thread wise) but I can't find anything on it and the threads with the title of bumper removal have all there photos stolen by photobox so please help. I have a trial rear bumper Mildred into the rear end and I'm currently in the middle of going standard. Where are all the bolts I have to remove and if anyone has any words of wisdom as to how I remove a molded bodykit please fire away! I've been using a wire brush wheel on a drill for the fibre glass bits and it seems to be working ok :whistle:

Sorry again

How to remove rear bumper

Done a little write up as we have a front bumper guide but no rear one.

Step 1: Remove rear lights (two screws holding this in.)

Step 2: Remove these retainers under the lights (three each side)

supra bumper 1.jpg

Step 3: Remove 3 center retainers on the top of the bumper

supra bumper 2.jpg

Step 4: Remove 4 retainers running along the bottom edge of the bumper along with the plastic strip. (Sorry about the picture as I forgot)

supra bumper 3.jpg

Step 5: Remove screws at top corners of bumper (one each side)

supra bumper 4.jpg

Step 6: Remove number plate

supra bumper 5.jpg

Step 7: Release the number plate lights from the bumper by undoing the three screws.

supra bumper 6.jpg

Step 8: Remove the retainer above the exhaust (this needs to be pulled out and it might be worth while taking the exhaust mounts off to gain access.)

supra bumper 7.jpg

Step 9: Remove lower corner nuts (one each side)

supra bumper 8.jpg

Step 10: Remove boot liners on each side

supra bumper 9.jpg

Step 11: Remove the two nuts that hold the bumper onto the rear quaters

supra bumper 10.jpg

Now the bumper should pull away freely.

supra bumper 11.jpg

Eh it went well.....well apart from the fact the bumper was mastic'd on and only had the six screws under the lights holding it on....and it never quite made it off in one piece much like the rest of the bodykit I've removed....so yea a lot of progress was made...thanks again folks :D