The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Final look completed

Delboy52

To celebrate my 1000th post to this Supra club :trophy:, here's some pics of the final appearance revision of my Supra.

It was glass-out resprayed in September this year, and just got the car back from Chris Wilson who has setup the geometry and upgraded the brake/fuel lines. Me and DavidP practicaly replaced all the front suspension components for new so it could be setup correctly, and a whole heap of other work throughout the year. I bought the wheels on Christmas day last year so it only took me 12 months to get them on the car :D

Has had a few disguises in my ownership :)

image image

There are plenty of niggles to sort out still, but I'd like to bring it to some shows in the new year. The car has been in so much turmoil of ongoing work it looked a bit of a mess for long time and was on and off the road.

Next big step forward, standalone ECU and this GT500 M122.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me along with this project, especially David. All the best for 2018 everyone :thumbs:

Thanks everyone! Yep, really happy with it and just what I wanted. Finishing off on a few things should occupy me until the weather improves this year. I'll keep it NA until my joblist is clear and I've actually driven it about for a change.

I had to keep moving the car whilst photographing it yesterday as a wedding was in progress and guests would turn up every 5 minutes. One in a 4x4 kindly found a puddle to splash up one side as they passed. Nice!

I remember seeing this in your garage when I sold u a gear box. Maybe 3 years ago.

So glad it’s finally running painted and on the road.

Maybe meet u again at a few meets this year

Ben

Your NA box valve body is now in my hybrid. It was in very good condition and perfect for the job :thumbs:

That supercharger looks like a bit of a beast! What sort of power can that acheieve? Also is that a manifold specifically for the 1uz? Looks neat!

It's a little bigger than the M112 in litre capacity so should have more scope to make numbers and less heat build up trying. The stock figures on the 5.0 Mustang are 440rwhp, tunable to 550rwhp (source). What it can do with a litre less displacement from my engine is yet to be seen.

The manifold is a shortened 1UZ VVTi lower section. It was made by Chuck Fast in west Canada who has done others before on the non VVTi motor including his own.

Looks fantastic, an absolute credit to you mate.

That colour really suits the sup too.

:thumbs:

What a transformation!, colour and paint job looks very high quality, i`d be interested in looking at the geo settings chris gave you? if you have them.

I have to think for a moment, what is still original to the car.. Back seats and the parcel blind I think :D I left the car and 4 brand new wheels and tyres with Chris so he would hold all the geo settings.

Edited by Delboy52 (see edit history)