The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz 4” single box cat back

Supra-love

Just wondering if anyone is running one of these on bpu twins with downpipes.

Would love to see how it sits and maybe some vids if anyone has any on that setup.

Just purchased one to replace the tanabe touring medallion.

Thanks

Theres a load of pics and a couple of vids on my instagram if you’re on there @supradixon is my screen name on there now,

Theres a load of pics and a couple of vids on my instagram if you’re on there @supradixon is my screen name on there now,

Thank you mate, I’ll take a look, is it the single box on twins bpu on the black Supra?

Looks like it sits quite far in at first did you modify it to eliminate that? I can see my 040 getting discoloured otherwise!

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)

Thank you mate, I’ll take a look, is it the single box on twins bpu on the black Supra?

Looks like it sits quite far in at first did you modify it to eliminate that? I can see my 040 getting discoloured otherwise!

Yeah the vids are from when mine was bpu single box 4”, with twin 3” whifbitz decats

It sat to far in due too the springs that were supplied were to short/strong they pulled the rear box on too far, i fitted slightly longer springs with more stretch ;) it sits nicely now, it actually burnt the paint on the bumper on mine when it was in too far, Fostas did the same iirc

Yeah the vids are from when mine was bpu single box 4”, with twin 3” whifbitz decats

It sat to far in due too the springs that were supplied were to short/strong they pulled the rear box on too far, i fitted slightly longer springs with more stretch ;) it sits nicely now, it actually burnt the paint on the bumper on mine when it was in too far, Fostas did the same iirc

Don’t suppose you have a link to what you used to position the exhaust correctly mate? Was worried it may burn, not good at all.

- - - Updated - - -

The main question is, why would you replace pretty much the perfect exhaust in the Tanabe?!

Not to my taste mate, to tame for me and also wanted a bigger piping, can buy it if you want!

I dont sorry, but basically the rear box is attached to the actual exhaust pipe with 4 (2 to 3”) springs, i just ordered some slightly bigger ones than what were supplied, to let it slide off the rear pipe further, if you order from Whifbitz maybe fire Paul a message about it he may be able to help at source save you having to mess with it yourself