The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz na-t lexus is300, saying hello

ROB83RS

Hey guys, been lurking on here for some time, used this forum alot for my research before taking the plunge into my project. I know its not a supra but the heart of the beast is the same. Just want to say hello, love the forum and love supras, maybe 1day own 1 but as for now i have the next best thing.

Im building a 2005 Lexus IS300, r154 manual conversion, fully built engine and going to be running a borg warner s364 sx-e. Hoping to hit the 600-650 whp mark.

Also want to say thanks to everyones threads that have helped me so far.

So many amazing builds and so much info on here, hope you guys dont mind a lexus owner poking around

Engine out and fully stripped currently, crank has gone back in, awaiting my rod bearings now and piston ring file to come. Once they have come i can get the entire bottom end together then start the head.

Got everything on the transmission side done, clutch pedal in and auto brake pedal swapped for manual pedal, clutch master cylinder is in and clutch lines installed. Im using spec twin disc clutch and flywheel, im thinking i may have an issue with the spec hydraulic throw out bearing and the standard master cylinder but will tackle that when i hit that road block.

Engine will have

wiseco 8.5:1 pistons with manley H-tuff rods and acl race bearings.

Brian crower 264 stage 2 cams with crower valve springs and titanium retainers.

Tial 44mm wastegate and probably tial Q bov

Twinscroll manifold (suprastore)

Borg warner s364 sx-e

Injectors not picked yet but probably looking at 1000cc + and walbro 400 or 450 pump.

Madcat industries GE billet intake and 90mm throttle (think this maybe a chinese mani tho)anyone had experience with this??

Not got a intercooler yet but been looking at the mishimoto 1s

HI EDykid here did you do the conversion your self

Hi, yes its pretty straightforward, the area in the bulk head is already marked to put the master cylinder in just need to drill and cone cutter it, pedal install is simple. Clips for the brake lines also have empty slots for the clutch line too so it just drops straight in. Just need to sort the wiring for it but again its pretty straight forward, got all my info off the IS forum for that.

Had some trouble finding the correct shifter housing so the gearstick sits central but sorted that now.

Edited by ROB83RS (see edit history)

Hi and welcome to the club, looks like an interesting project and I look forward to seeing more updates.

Thanks matey, really cant wait to get this done. Lots todo though as i will be changing the brakes, wheels/tyres and have lots of suspension upgrades planned too. Im hoping i could pop along to some meets once its done aslong as none supra cars are not frowned upon :friends:

Nice!

Not many of the IS300s about in the UK, I keep trying to find a GE one with a supercharger kit I can buy.

Lovely car.

Thank you, yeh i took my time getting this 1 i was looking for around 6-7 months and not many popped up, then this 1 did, its registered as a CAT c but its only done 28k! A drunk driver took out every car in the sellers street just lightly damaged passenger rear door, front door and front wing but because there value is so low it was enough to write it off. All those panels have been pulled off now, the car is absolutly immaculate underneath and inside and that low mileage engine is perfect to na-t.

Thank you, yeh i took my time getting this 1 i was looking for around 6-7 months and not many popped up, then this 1 did, its registered as a CAT c but its only done 28k! A drunk driver took out every car in the sellers street just lightly damaged passenger rear door, front door and front wing but because there value is so low it was enough to write it off. All those panels have been pulled off now, the car is absolutly immaculate underneath and inside and that low mileage engine is perfect to na-t.
Wow, sounds like a bargain. Don't see many about at all. Were all the 300s imports?

Wow, sounds like a bargain. Don't see many about at all. Were all the 300s imports?

No they was sold here but all autos, we had the saloon and the sportcross. Manuals was an option on the american market for the is300, not sure across the rest of europe or the rest of the world.