The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy Emanage for BPU

jimjam92

Hi Guys, couple of questions; I've got all of my BPU stuff sitting at home waiting to go on (whifbitz 1st decat and restrictor ring, walbro 255 fuel pump, HKS FCD and new NGK iridium plugs). My car already has a Blitz Nurspec exhaust and 2nd decat.

My first question is - which boost controller would people recommend? I'm looking at a Greddy Profec B II (old style) or a HKS EVC-5, both are also 2nd hand but look to be in good condition. Does anyone have experience of either and what are your recommendations in terms of ease of use, accuracy, performance etc.

Secondly, for a BPU car is there any benefit to running a piggy back ECU? Having heard of members cars either running leaner or richer after going BPU have been looking at these and would most likely go for a Greddy Emanage Blue. Is it worth having that little bit of extra control over fueling rather than letting god sort it out for me, or is this just overkill??

Car is a 96 Auto J-spec TT.

Thanks

Edited by jimjam92 (see edit history)

if its out of sight it kinda defeats the purpose of it though......

I think once all parts are installed and running, all boost controller settings nailed down, then I'll start to hide things away. I'm looking around the cabin for good places to do this. Centre console possibly. Maybe even mount a couple of gauges and the boost controller into some sort of box that can be brought out for tuning/setup and left hidden away. Plenty of room behind that lower panel beneath the steering column. Or the same location on the passenger side.

I've bought an analogue AEM AFR gauge purely because of its subtle looks so will see how it looks and decide then.

Edit: building it all into the glove box is another option

Edited by samdale (see edit history)