The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuation help

Faye

Now Supe prices seem to be on the up I'm thinking its time for us to get back onto agreed values for our two but I honestly don't know where to start so could do with some help :)

First up

95 UK manual in red 137k miles on the clock

Very lightly modded

-custom alloys (cost £1k earlier this year)

-new stereo

- bleed valve

- full black leather seat and steering wheel retrim

- black carpet

- full decat with nurspec exhaust

Paintwork is pretty good although not perfect

Owned since 2002 so we have all the paperwork since then and some prior to ownership

Next

98 Facelift(NA) aerotop in black 97k miles on the clock

Again lightly modded

- Oz Alloys

-Full decat with nurspec

- UK bonnet

-Full black leather interior

-Active Spoiler

-New stereo

Paintwork in excellent condition

Owned since import in 2002 so have all the papers since his arrival in the UK.

I've seen some silly prices for the UKs, and there is an older with higher miles facelift aerotop on autotrader for £13k that seems ambitious, but both models are pretty rare so I don't want to undervalue if thats genuinely what they are going for.

Once you start the agreed valuation with the company your with they tell you what they want from you, I recently done mine just before Christmas and I had to photocopy and send in all invoices for parts and work I've had done on the car since owning it, copy of mot certificate and pictures square on from side & front of car and then interior shot and engine bay shot. I also wrote out a complete list of everything changed or modified on the car inside and out with prices next to everything, new parts are easy but for second hand parts for example 6 speed gearbox conversion I put down the price I paid when I first bought it (which was 8 odd years ago) and also put a today's price next to it showing what it would now cost to replace it and they seemed happy with all this and agreed the valuation.

I've gone with both Hegerty or LV Classics on agreed value insurance and all I have had to fill out is a mileage declaration and send 5 recent pics (valid for 5 years on renewal).

I'd go £30k on the UK TT6 and £15k on the Aero. After all insurance cover is the value to replace rather than the price to sell so these would be dealer prices today.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, my classic policy is due in a few weeks and I'm not sure about the cars value.My car is a 95 aerotop with 130000km, a few mods and is in excellent condition. Should I go for an agreed value which I'm offered every year and whats a realistic value as i payed £2500 five years ago for the car but mkiv prices seem to be crazy at the moment and there's not even allot for sale aswell.When I bought mine there was always a few pages of mkiv's on pistonheads, ebay etc for sale.

i23916.jpg i23509.jpg i24178.jpg

Edited by FAMILY MAN (see edit history)

Hi folks, my classic policy is due in a few weeks and I'm not sure about the cars value.My car is a 95 aerotop with 130000km, a few mods and is in excellent condition. Should I go for an agreed value which I'm offered every year and whats a realistic value as i payed £2500 five years ago for the car but mkiv prices seem to be crazy at the moment and there's not even allot for sale aswell.When I bought mine there was always a few pages of mkiv's on pistonheads, ebay etc for sale.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224681[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]224682[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]224683[/ATTACH]

I’d say £10k buddy

Now Supe prices seem to be on the up I'm thinking its time for us to get back onto agreed values for our two but I honestly don't know where to start so could do with some help :)

First up

95 UK manual in red 137k miles on the clock

Very lightly modded

-custom alloys (cost £1k earlier this year)

-new stereo

- bleed valve

- full black leather seat and steering wheel retrim

- black carpet

- full decat with nurspec exhaust

Paintwork is pretty good although not perfect

Owned since 2002 so we have all the paperwork since then and some prior to ownership

https://i.imgur.com/r2d7mWRl.jpg

Next

98 Facelift(NA) aerotop in black 97k miles on the clock

Again lightly modded

- Oz Alloys

-Full decat with nurspec

- UK bonnet

-Full black leather interior

-Active Spoiler

-New stereo

Paintwork in excellent condition

Owned since import in 2002 so have all the papers since his arrival in the UK.

http://i.imgur.com/salANWFl.jpg

I've seen some silly prices for the UKs, and there is an older with higher miles facelift aerotop on autotrader for £13k that seems ambitious, but both models are pretty rare so I don't want to undervalue if thats genuinely what they are going for.

Faye I’d say your UK spec is probably worth £22.5 - £25k, valuation purposes I can see why putting up £30k would make sense.

The Facelift Aerotop, I would value at around £14k.