The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hugh's '95 Jspec TT Auto

Hughdahellru

Hi All,

Thought i'd start a basic thread to capture the development of my Supra - nothing like some of the builds on here but just bits and pieces i'm doing to the car as i go...

Purchased the car just over a year ago from a forum member up in the midlands - an absolutely top bloke. This is my first Supra and I've wanted one for years. I saw a couple in the lead up to purchasing mine including one I very nearly bought from Keron but got pipped at the post by a buyer from Germany while I was "sleeping on it" trying to make my mind up on whether to buy or it not having just viewed the car!

Drive home was awesome. 150 miles or so and faultless as i'd hoped.

Photo as soon as I got her home...

attachment.php?attachmentid=224352&stc=1&d=1514327993

Car then got tucked up in the garage for the first few months of ownership as life was getting in the way.

After the winter months passed I got the car back out again and started on a few service jobs.

Oil, oil filter and plugs replaced + coolant replaced with Toyota Red + full brake fluid flush + radiator hoses and rad cap + general inspection.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224351&stc=1&d=1514327979

Next up was the reg plate off - soon be replaced with mine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224353&stc=1&d=1514327993

I'm a fan of the look of the XXR wheels but not a fan of cast wheels. I also wanted a new set of tyres so set about looking for some OEM 17's as I like the look of a stockish Supra.

Having started a 'wanted' thread to source some it wasn't long before I picked up a set from a club member. Again, a genuine guy and pleasure to do a deal with - certainly a theme here...

Photo of stock 17 on just as i'd collected them - in need of a refurb and tyres were well past their best (exactly as described by seller and perfect for refurb and new tyres).

attachment.php?attachmentid=224350&stc=1&d=1514327979

Got them off to Premier Wheels in Redhill who have refurbed a few sets of wheels for me now over the past few years and always do a fantastic job - i would highly recommend them if you are looking for a wheel refurb and live nearby.

Wheels on their return with brand new Eagle F1's...

attachment.php?attachmentid=224349&stc=1&d=1514327979

Skip forward a few more months and the latest photos are from a trip to South Wales.

Did about 600 miles that weekend and loved it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224348&stc=1&d=1514327979

attachment.php?attachmentid=224347&stc=1&d=1514327979

Utilised Black Friday to pick up a couple of bits so new Whifblitz SMIC hoses and SRD auto gearbox cooler soon..

Also picked up an OEM pre-facelift steering wheel for a bargain off Ebay so that will be fitted soon!

Hopefully my photos work

Cheers

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

Edited by Hughdahellru (see edit history)

Hugh glad you got one in the end and glad I kept mine, win win :)

Cheers Scott. Big thanks to you for bringing out one of yours to give me a few pointers. Really did help when i then was viewing others :)

Owe you a coffee or something for that so drop me a PM in the near year if you ever fancy meeting up (that was 2 years ago!!)

• 1 year later...

Time for an update on bits and pieces i've done to the Supra. Can't believe I only managed 1 post before forgetting to update anything. I've been picking up the odd part here and there ready for some time to fit it all.

Fitted a smaller front plate which looks much cleaner in my opinion.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233089&stc=1&d=1566809475

Really like the look of facelift rear lights on a silver supra so started looking for a second hand set. Managed to pick up a new set from Greg at a decent price so collected those and fitted them. In addition, I didn't really like the blue gel badges I had on the car so picked up some OEM ones from Whifbitz at the same time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233088&stc=1&d=1566809475

Next up was a used Mishimoto rad and Whifbitz side mounted intercooler. My original intercooler really did start to disintegrate as soon as I touched it. The fit of the Whifbitz unit was great but i found when removing my old unit that the ducting was missing. The car was off the road so I tried to find a used air duct to save having to pay mr T £100 for a new one. Eventually one appeared at a fraction of the price of a new one so bought that straight away.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233081&stc=1&d=1566807777

As i was fitting the Mishimoto rad of course i had to fit a gearbox cooler as i was losing the original one in my OEM rad. The SRD kit works perfectly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233082&stc=1&d=1566808030

My next challenge was finding some new seats. I didn't find the OEM seats very comfy so wanted to change to something else. I saw a few pictures of Recaro Trendlines in Supras and decided that was what I needed to do and I had the same seats in an Ep3 type r and found them pretty comfortable. I did have some reservations about how high the seats would sit as i'm 6,5 but read a thread on the US Supra forum in which somebody had fitted them with Bride RO rails, measured the difference in height and found them almost identical to the OEM position. The best trim in my opinion was the combo found in a Clio or Megane but they don't appear on Ebay very often.

Luckily, not long after i started looking a set in excellent condition came up for sale in Devon. I agreed a good price and set off early on a Saturday morning to collect them. Next up, I ordered some Bridge RO rails and once they arrived immediately got the cutting disc out and chopped the rear bar out (nervously). I also found I had to space the seats off the rails with 5mm washers to clear the seatbelt mounting tab.

I'm really happy with the result.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233083&stc=1&d=1566808876

attachment.php?attachmentid=233084&stc=1&d=1566808876

Next up was to replace the front splash shield on the passenger side as it was pretty damaged. Ordered a new one from Amayama and got that fitted. At the same time i fitted some new OEM rear pads as those were running fairly low.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233085&stc=1&d=1566809078

The final update for now was to get the dash panels hydrodipped and fit a new steering wheel. The blue painted finish on my dash panels had seen better days so decided a satin carbon look would be nice. For a new wheel i choose a Personal 350mm. I think the dash, steering wheel and seats all now complement each other.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233086&stc=1&d=1566809246

attachment.php?attachmentid=233087&stc=1&d=1566809246

I'll try not to leave it too long to update next time!

whifbitz smic.jpg

srd cooler.jpg

seat frame.jpg

seats.jpg

front shield.jpg

Dash panel.jpg

dash.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg