The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dry nos, and meth/water with Syvecs

Supra-love

Yes wet kit ideally, what are you using it for? Spooling the turbo?

I wouldn’t bother with water/meth kit, fit a fuel flex sensor and add either meth or ethanol to the tank.

Will need mapping for it but when it’s done it’s much easier and safer

Hi mate, yes mate will be to aid spooling of turbo and maybe top end power?

Also with nos and a turboed engine u should only run wet kits otherwise u will run to lean and blow ur engine.. the good thing with syvecs is u can run a dry kit and then have more fuel added directly to each cylinder (even more safe then a wet kit can do as the fuel is added directly).

The meth kit should also run some type of fail safe system so it cuts boost if there is an issue, but if u run it as a safe guard basically using it to keep temps down and not so much for power, then u can get away with a safe guard, typically running only and extra 15bhp with it.

I’ve been looking into flex sensor kits and adding to the tank also, currently use Tesco 99ron only atm best thing accessible to me!

My exact thoughts were for safety, keeping temps low and a cleaner engine with the meth/water

Thanks lee

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)

A lot of this depends on your spec and what your trying tow achieve really.

Hi mate, yes mate will be to aid spooling of turbo and maybe top end power?

Also with nos and a turboed engine u should only run wet kits otherwise u will run to lean and blow ur engine.. the good thing with syvecs is u can run a dry kit and then have more fuel added directly to each cylinder (even more safe then a wet kit can do as the fuel is added directly).

The meth kit should also run some type of fail safe system so it cuts boost if there is an issue, but if u run it as a safe guard basically using it to keep temps down and not so much for power, then u can get away with a safe guard, typically running only and extra 15bhp with it.

I’ve been looking into flex sensor kits and adding to the tank also, currently use Tesco 99ron only atm best thing accessible to me!

My exact thoughts were for safety, keeping temps low and a cleaner engine with the meth/water

Thanks lee

A lot of this depends on your spec and what your trying tow achieve really.

I’m not looking for massive horses. It’ll be running a single pte-6466 or similar, on the stock bottom for time being.

The water and meth would be for safe guarding, cleaning and temps.

Nos for spool up and top end power of and when needed.

I’m not looking for massive horses. It’ll be running a single pte-6466 or similar, on the stock bottom for time being.

The water and meth would be for safe guarding, cleaning and temps.

Nos for spool up and top end power of and when needed.

Why bother with nos unless your drag racing all the time

What are you using the car for?

If you get the hi stall you won't want any extra spool

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Yeah for your Power you don’t need the either really, will spool well as it is.

Try not to over complicate what your doing as it can just lead to unnecessary issues.

Just fit a fuel flex and map the car on pump fuel first then ethanol.

If you need any more info drop me a pm if you want