The mkiv Supra Owners Club

B03B Big Case JDM Diff i have just bought

blythmrk

I have just received this diff from Japan, I ordered it over 6 months ago its taken a while to come!

I am wanting to confirm this is untouched as in factory finish (it has the hand written numbers and the markings on the bolts as oem) so not reconditioned I believe but please let me know if you think otherwise. When I saw the pictures I had to have it as I have never seen one in this condition even my reconditioned one is not this good. I was told it had only done 18k.

It all operates smoothly as it should.

I paid a fortune for it so please don't ask how much:blink:

This will be going in my Blk UK tt6 whist I rebuild my UK diff, I am yet to strip it to see what is wrong but it was whining I thought the pump off the uk diff would connect using a blanked off pipe to a jdm but they are actually cast then tapped out so will have to rebuild my UK diff or has anyone converted one to use the diff cooler?

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

I'd just temporarily remove the diff cooler whilst you rebuild the UK spec. It's not particularly necessary given the number of Supras without them.

I know that is the plan, but the car had a new oem diff cooler (the old one failed that's why the original diff is whining) and would prefer to keep it completely stock

What about the feeling difference between this one and a small case fully rebuild with an aftermarket LSD ?

Considering the car is in the 600hp range ?

With which one would go if you had the choice ?

I mean these oem LSD are quite rare so not so much feedback :0

Wouldn't it have been considerably cheaper to rebuild your original one?

I couldn't source (discontinued unless somebody has one I did put a wanted add up) a uk/jdm crown wheel and pinion the only option was the us spec one but really want to keep my std UK tt6 as Mr T. intended:d

I also have a B03B with trd internals that has been fully rebuilt by srd so the plan is to split and sell the trd one (so sell the trd diff and case separately) using the crown wheel and pinion out of that but fitting the jdm oem diff enabling to keep my car on the road as a temporary measure.

I may hold onto this JDM B03B as a spare as it took some finding!