The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much would you say

Whitesupraboy2

right im considering a new job as the money is almost double what im on so i be stupid not to take it.

But i have to use my own car to go to customer sites. bad news i could end up going to scotland!

now i will get another car like a newish fiesta diesel, but wont be able to afford one for first month.

so need to know how much you think i should get per mile for supra.

so its petrol cost + maintenance

they happy to pay almost anything if i can justify it.

so firstly how much does it cost per mile in my NA? roughly 22mpg

secondly how much extra should i add to cover 2 sets of rears and one front for the year and of course a service. i cant justify anything else as it so reliable should i put some money on top for higher mileage to the car?

also of course ill have to change insurance to business miles, should i include this in costs?

thanks to anyone who has to do this as i dont have a clue!

Not sure how you plan to buy the Fiesta, but assuming it's a down-payment then monthly instalments, I'd go for an interest free credit card, pay what you need to get the car, then within the 0% period pay this off (which I'm assuming at nearly double what your earning now, would be possible)

No high fuel bills using your Soop, plus it's safe and sound at home waiting for you to drive in your leisure time.

If you are going to run the supe I'd charge them for petrol (22mpg sound good), tyres (c. £450/set/10,000 miles if you're on 17"), services (Toyota quoted rates), insurance increase (business cover, plus the extra miles you'll be doing) and budget in some form of wear and tear / depreciation allowance. If they won't allow that, massage the other figures - on motorways you'll be getting way more than 22mpg for a start, and you could quote RRP for Eagle F1 tyres, etc. Personally I'd rather commute in the Supe than a Fiesta (unless you're worried of losing your licence).

:looney:

By the way the Inland Revenue approved mileage rate is 40p per mile for the first 10000 miles and then down to 25p a mile thereafter, which is meant to cover all the costs of running the car.

The new approved mileage rates from April 2002 are the maximum amounts of mileage allowance that can be paid to an employee who uses their own vehicle for business use, without having to deduct tax and NICs. Employers can choose to pay their employees more or less than the approved rates

By the way the Inland Revenue approved mileage rate is 40p per mile for the first 10000 miles and then down to 25p a mile thereafter, which is meant to cover all the costs of running the car.

Spot on, anything over that and you have to declare and pay tax on it.

my dad gets 52p a mile on his Ford Puma for one of his Jobs, as just rung him to see what he thinks,so hes lucky! so 40p x 10,000 = erm...

£4000 yrly

no way i use that much in petrol now for that amount of miles, i think 10,000 miles roughly bout £2400. so if i got 40p a mile would leave 1600 to cover tyres,insurance hike cost (at age of 21 GULP!) and services.

Lust - not worried bout license as i never speed when going to a work job even in current job as ive watched 3 engineers get sp50's.

it was this bit, we cover whole of UK, u may be required to go from scotland. lets put it this way to get further away from scotland only place i could go, is to go and live with fifty :D

P.s Muffleman, love the trap door Avator :D

Sart off high and see what they say, like Lust said, claim RRP prices for consumables and service costs from Toyota.

You can then save money on boyh of them too. I would ask for 55p a mile. I'd be well impressed if you got that, but, it's a starting point!

If you don't ask, you don't get............ :innocent:

Are you getting 40K+ now then? :eek: :taped: :limp:

Sart off high and see what they say, like Lust said, claim RRP prices for consumables and service costs from Toyota.

You can then save money on boyh of them too. I would ask for 55p a mile. I'd be well impressed if you got that, but, it's a starting point!

If you don't ask, you don't get............ :innocent:

Are you getting 40K+ now then? :eek: :taped: :limp:

yea think your right about asking high. i asked for pay rise at current job and he said sorry u deserve one but company cant afford one. But they are looking for more engineers, explain that to me ;) lol

Ive got to read all small print in contract yet, as im sure there has to be a catch. the job almost seems to good.

No im not that high on wage otherwise i be'd walking round like this :D

Jobs in Ringwood mate, so i get to go past old job if i take it lol, i dont care bout the driving espically if its in the supe :D just dont wana end up paying to do the job if you see what i mean.

got another job interview tomorrow i think, according to agency. so will at least wait to see what thats like first. im after a job im gonna be happy in, not the money

I paid £1300 with elephant last year at 22 with business mileage. Supras are supprisingly good on long trips if you stick to about 70. Sadly a month after starting the job they decided to give me a van and take away my mileage allowance which was being used to pay for the Supra and insurance... bastards