The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Cluster not working:(

Guest BlackSoup

Guest BlackSoup

Hey so I've recently blown up a 2jz and replaced it with another one... Everything's running fine except for the dash cluster which isn't working at all apart from the fuel gauge, I've checked the fuses and they're fine, I've been told that some screws in the dash work as an earth to the dash cluster. I'm just not sure which ones they are...

Help?!?!

You'd probably be better served opening this topic up in the technical section rather than new members.

It'd be useful to have some extra info though, like has the cluster been touched at all or is it just as it was when everything worked? What kind of blow up was it, did the turbo shatter into 1,000 pieces cutting through hoses and wires or was it an internal component that failed?

The last time I had a dash go down on me, on an Audi, taking it out and putting back in again sorted it out which was a relief as the cluster is ECU paired on Audis. So, its an imponderable without a bit more info and then its have a guess from there.

Guest BlackSoup
You'd probably be better served opening this topic up in the technical section rather than new members.

It'd be useful to have some extra info though, like has the cluster been touched at all or is it just as it was when everything worked? What kind of blow up was it, did the turbo shatter into 1,000 pieces cutting through hoses and wires or was it an internal component that failed?

The last time I had a dash go down on me, on an Audi, taking it out and putting back in again sorted it out which was a relief as the cluster is ECU paired on Audis. So, its an imponderable without a bit more info and then its have a guess from there.

It was the big end bearing that went, no shattering turbos as it was a N/A engine, everything on the dash cluster worked perfect before and has not been touched at all.. just trying to figure out which screws work as the earth to the cluster (if thats even true)

Guest BlackSoup
Make sure grey plug from engine harness is connected to right socket. There are 2 sockets there and you or whoever put new engine in might plug grey plug in wrong place.

are those sockets under down near the gearbox?