The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra owner since Jan 2000

Guest Morfa

Hope you're all enjoying your Supras at least as much as much as I am.

I've just joined this club after having owned my June 1995 UK auto Supra since Jan 2000. It had 68K when I bought it and now it has 147K miles. Has a full Toyota service history and it's been very well looked after and still it drives so well. Only issues which are slight are the o/d orange light flashes on the dash and the auto active spoiler has a mind of it's own as retracts and goes down randomly so I turn it off. Also, the cruise control sometimes wont work for months then starts working again. And also has a rumbling sound from the shock absorbers which made the sound as soon as they were installed (they were changed about 10 years or more ago by a independent garage). Apart from those things it's pretty perfect :)

Interesting tip if you get the stereo changed the airbag warning light is activated and needs to be reset by Toyota (happened to me years ago).

suprajpg.jpg

supraandgtr.jpg

Its a pair of cars popular with most Supra owners. Always good to see some longer terms owners crawl out the woodwork, had mine since 1998. You've come to the right place if you want help pointing out any solutions to the little issues with the extra kit on the UK variant.

You can still reset, there is a thread somewhere about a negative terminal battery trick [emoji1303]

?

The OP said if you swap the stereo it brings on the airbag light which has to be reset by toyota. If you disconnect the battery while disconnecting the top panel it doesn't bring on the light.

but yes you can also reset the airbag light by touching 2 terminals in the diag port. Somewhere on here. I did it not too long ago.