The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris's tt6 bpu thread

Chrism001

Hi all, been flicking in and out of the forum for a year or so and decided to start a progrees thread. So....

About 18 months ago i finally got my hands on a tt6 mk4 supra, always had modified cars from magazine featured to nippy track toys but since the age of 18 ive always wanted a supra.

When i got the supra it was already on coilovers, aftermarket alloys and uk spec brakes. Power wise completely standard. The car,as much as i can see, is rust free which is a very big bonus.

Since then, ive already been to see lee at srd for a some service and general maintenance work, and to have my uk brakes fully rebuilt as age took its toll and they were sticking.

Alloys were in poor condition as well so they came off and went for a full refurb and paint.

Then got her home and back in the garage for winter when i set about making her faster. Bought my greddy boost controller and other goodies needed to give her the bpu upgrade. All i can say is WOW, turning the boost up slightly makes a hell of difference. Completely different car now in both power and fun factor:d

attachment.php?attachmentid=224319&stc=1&d=1514244969

attachment.php?attachmentid=224320&stc=1&d=1514244969

Thats as far as ive got for the moment, apart from the usual servicing and maintenance jobs but theyre boring so ill keep them updates to a minimum.

Will update pictures when i get a spare minute/can find all the right ones but just a couple for the time being

Which brings me onto plans for the future.

- To fully finish off the BPU new intercooler needs installing

- Want to strip underneath and give it a good clean and seal.

- Get the car out on a few trackdays next year, nurburgring is already in the pipe line for 2018.

- Hopefully start gradually sourcing parts to go single in the future

- get the paintwork sorted. Who ever washed it before must've used a brick. Swirls are ridiculous. So a good detail will be a must

chris_01_05 shared a photo with you on Photobucket-384x512.jpg

chris_01_05 shared a photo with you on Photobucket-576x768.jpg

Edited by Chrism001 (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

To fully finish off the bpu i ordered and intercooler kit and its been sat in my living room for about a month collecting dust.

So with a few days off over xmas and the car already on axle stands i got stripping.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224368&stc=1&d=1514372889

And shiney new intercooler goes on

attachment.php?attachmentid=224367&stc=1&d=1514372889

Picked up loads of spare new screws and bolts as the old ones had 20years of crap on them. I want to tidy a few bits up before i get the bumper and arch linings back on, little niggley things like spraying battery tray, sealing the front end etc.

Next up its time to sort a few interior bits and i need to look into sourcing some braided brake hoses and race fluid. Plan on doing a few trackdays so the brakes will take priority

20171222_162944-2322x3096.jpg

20171214_183318-2322x3096.jpg

Cool car, feel like I recognise it from somewhere? Currently have all my BPU parts sitting in my living room waiting to go on. Which Greddy did you use? The Profec B? How do you find it? I've got an old HKS EVC4 from a previous car but wondering if I should use the opportunity to upgrade? Also looking at HKS EVC6's.

Could be worthwhile having a good look at the condition of your a/c condenser and fins while you have the front end off seeing you are in there. Its a discontinued part from Toyota but Denso (the OE supplier) still have them available from the USA. Its a model specific part so who knows how long Denso will bother?