The mkiv Supra Owners Club

karl_fiesta

hi all iam karl from gateshead iam only 17 18 soon would luv to own a supra, skyline, civic or somthing along the lines of them i drive a 1.3 fiesta for the cheap insurance image

u might of seen me around sumwhere its got a chrome cage cobra leather recliner buckets all 4 zorsts work leather back seat momo interier detail etc not to any of ur intrests lol cool site aswell :D

Hello Karl

Provided you have the capitol for the car, your biggest issue will be insurance.

You will have MAJOR problems insuring a supra at your age, there’s a few people here who are 20/21 yrs old and are paying a fortune for insurance (think a couple quoted £2k-£3k per year).

In my experience Skylines cost a lot more to insure.

Civics, well that’s a completely different matter, they're worlds apart from Supras/Skylines. I don't imagine you'd have too much trouble getting them insured.

Hope this helps

If you want to insure something jap then the civic would probably be the way to go unless your willing to spend thousands on insuring a supe.

I think you'll struggle to find a quote from anyone, if you do then it'll be on a uk car and then you've gotta find one.

Depending on budget I think a jordan civic would be great for you, the insurance will still be sky high, but no where near a supra quote, I had a sort of plan in my mind if I got one and as it's yellow I would have started with carbon fibre bonnet, black wheels, type r spoiler and later on a turbo'd integra engine. I really like to do that some day.

Sorry but I can't say I love the fiesta! to me it just seems a waste to spend so much money on a car when you only plan to keep it for such a short time and when it'll probably be damn difficult to sell on all imo of course but whatever floats ya boat!

Hi Karl & welcome, nice looking Fiesta you got there :thumbs: my g/f's got a Type R Civic and they do fly, brill around town and they have loads of ice space

Agree with everyone here really you'll probably find it hard even to find an insurance company to insure you even if you could afford it. Good luck anyway.

Mark