The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil sandwich plate advice

Suprakeith

After some advice please as I nearly ready to fit all the bits on my forged ge build and want to remove the standard oil filter housing and just use 3 port sandwich plate and mocal thermostat plate for the oil cooler, I trying to work out which sandwich plate is best to place 1st please? As was thinking the 3 port plate as that’s where the oil feed for turbo will be place and don’t want turbo getting starved of oil but also thinking the mocal plate 1st and that will run the hot oil through cooler giving turbo cooler oil.

Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Suprakeith
Keeping people happy (see edit history)

Or maybe because it was a question from an N/A owner, as have noticed every time ask a question or for some advice no one bothers but if a tt owner ask something similar they get loads of responses.

I do get the impression that people just can’t be bothered anymore on the forum, I will edit the 1st post back with original post, so other members can see for future enquiries

Or maybe because it was a question from an N/A owner, as have noticed every time ask a question or for some advice no one bothers but if a tt owner ask something similar they get loads of responses.

I do get the impression that people just can’t be bothered anymore on the forum, I will edit the 1st post back with original post, so other members can see for future enquiries

The forum is becoming a ghost town which is a shame, but I don't think it is down to NA owners VS TT owners getting help.

Maybe it is just the type of questions being asked.

The forum is becoming a ghost town which is a shame, but I don't think it is down to NA owners VS TT owners getting help.

Maybe it is just the type of questions being asked.

I agree completely the forum is becoming ghost town that’s why always use forum 1st for info but never seem to get any luck and in my opinion I do believe it’s NA vs TT owners from my experience from the forum, which is a big shame.

That’s why have started using Facebook more as people don’t seem to judge and comment with helpful advice and are intrested in my build progress, on here it seems no one bothered one bit

I wouldnt take an turbo oil feed from the standard oil filter position if that what you're asking?

Usually a feed is taken from the block where the standard turbos get their feed (on NA blocks) you can just tap it in afaik.

A oil filter plate would be OK for the cooler and sensors but i wouldnt put much else on it.

I wouldnt take an turbo oil feed from the standard oil filter position if that what you're asking?

Usually a feed is taken from the block where the standard turbos get their feed (on NA blocks) you can just tap it in afaik.

A oil filter plate would be OK for the cooler and sensors but i wouldnt put much else on it.

Yea that’s what I thought originally going to stick with 1st idea and us GS300 union bolt for the turbo feed that way know will get constant good pressure for the turbo

I agree completely the forum is becoming ghost town that’s why always use forum 1st for info but never seem to get any luck and in my opinion I do believe it’s NA vs TT owners from my experience from the forum, which is a big shame.

That’s why have started using Facebook more as people don’t seem to judge and comment with helpful advice and are intrested in my build progress, on here it seems no one bothered one bit

I have never felt that before.

There has always been banter between the two but I have never seen people not comment because it is an NA

Grab one of these oil cooler sandwich plates.

This allows you to run a thermostat sandwich plate whilst giving you two ports for oil temp/oil pressure senors. Saves you having to run a double sandwich plate setup. The only other sandwich plates that are identical in design/function that I've been able to find are from Greddy, or the Greddy knockoffs if you fancy risking your engine on one of those.

You can run your turbo oil feed line from either the sandwich plate, but I prefer to run mine off the block on a 1/8 BSP to AN-3/AN-4 line.

If the forum is becoming a ghost town, then don't contribute to the problem by deleting your posts if you don't get an answer as quickly as facebook. Facebook, is good for a quick answer and is more convenient to use, but unlike the forum in 2 years time when you want to go look for some info, it will be gone. Whilst it will still be available here. So even if it takes longer, don't give up on it.

Grab one of these oil cooler sandwich plates.

This allows you to run a thermostat sandwich plate whilst giving you two ports for oil temp/oil pressure senors. Saves you having to run a double sandwich plate setup. The only other sandwich plates that are identical in design/function that I've been able to find are from Greddy, or the Greddy knockoffs if you fancy risking your engine on one of those.

You can run your turbo oil feed line from either the sandwich plate, but I prefer to run mine off the block on a 1/8 BSP to AN-3/AN-4 line.

If the forum is becoming a ghost town, then don't contribute to the problem by deleting your posts if you don't get an answer as quickly as facebook. Facebook, is good for a quick answer and is more convenient to use, but unlike the forum in 2 years time when you want to go look for some info, it will be gone. Whilst it will still be available here. So even if it takes longer, don't give up on it.

Cheers for that I like that idea will buy one of them

And I haven’t given up on forum just yet but just fed up with it duo to lack of responses when post something up, plus always get people giving stupid answers which don’t help at all

Just be patient. A long term member will trip along eventually. Thats the trouble with todays media addicted society

I am very patient, I mean I have had a 1000bhp na-t build thread going for over year now and so far barely no ones commented at all and I update it every few weeks or month lol