The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got back my Supra after nearly 8 years

Kearney

Hey lads and lassies. I haven't been on the forum since 2010 as I had to sell my Supra for medical reasons and looking at all the nice cars was torturing me :(

Anyway, I'll explain the story...

I bought the car early 2009 and I was the first owner since it was in japan. I had to sell it to a friend of mine towards the end of the year because I had to get surgery on my left ankle and the doctors told me I would never be able to drive a manual car again. I was gutted. I sold it to him and after I got the cast off I discovered that everything was better but unfortunelty I had sold the car :( I ended up buying a really nice stock R33 GTR Spec 3 instead and have had that since. My friend still had the car over the 8 years but for the last 5 it had been sitting up. I always dreamed about getting it back I absolutely loved the car. I got money together this year and I convinced him to sell me back the car! delighted!! I got it back, gave it a good clean and hope to get it back to its former glory soon. Poor Gtr is kicked to the kerb for the minute :taped: haha.

Supra 1.jpg

Supra 2.jpg

I look forward to getting a few bits for it now and possibly heading across the pond again to Santapod

Hey lads and lassies. I haven't been on the forum since 2010 as I had to sell my Supra for medical reasons and looking at all the nice cars was torturing me :(

Anyway, I'll explain the story...

I bought the car early 2009 and I was the first owner since it was in japan. I had to sell it to a friend of mine towards the end of the year because I had to get surgery on my left ankle and the doctors told me I would never be able to drive a manual car again. I was gutted. I sold it to him and after I got the cast off I discovered that everything was better but unfortunelty I had sold the car :( I ended up buying a really nice stock R33 GTR Spec 3 instead and have had that since. My friend still had the car over the 8 years but for the last 5 it had been sitting up. I always dreamed about getting it back I absolutely loved the car. I got money together this year and I convinced him to sell me back the car! delighted!! I got it back, gave it a good clean and hope to get it back to its former glory soon. Poor Gtr is kicked to the kerb for the minute :taped: haha.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223884[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223885[/ATTACH]

I look forward to getting a few bits for it now and possibly heading across the pond again to Santapod

Hey mate is that your original na supra

Good news your ankle is fixed :)

Hahaha thanks man

Feck sake, last time I was talking to you was at the Cystic Fibrosis charity track day.

You were buried in Al's headlights, trying to get the HID's working as I recall! :)

Good to hear you mended well man.

Haha ive so many questions to wreck your head over pedro!! I was thinking of going down the 1jz route with it but looking at a vvti 1jz! Btw did you ever sell them wheels?

Great story! I had an R32 GTR which I swapped for my TT Supra. Envious that you have both :thumbs:

Thanks man! I love gtrs. To be honest either car is great and they are both consistantly going up in value

Haha ive so many questions to wreck your head over pedro!! I was thinking of going down the 1jz route with it but looking at a vvti 1jz! Btw did you ever sell them wheels?

The Weds?

Still have them.

Always will with my p1ss-poor sales technique!

Yeah a 1JZ is the smart option, especially in Ireland, seeing it costs less to tax.

I wouldn't know much about the newer lumps but hit me up anytime for a chat on whatever you think I might be able to help you with.

The Weds?

Still have them.

Always will with my p1ss-poor sales technique!

Yeah a 1JZ is the smart option, especially in Ireland, seeing it costs less to tax.

I wouldn't know much about the newer lumps but hit me up anytime for a chat on whatever you think I might be able to help you with.

Ill defo be taking you up on that. I could always just go non vvti either way. The non vvti is ment to be a bit easier to do no?

Have a word with TwoSocks hes done a 1j vvti out of a chaser. And speak to Mike2jz, hes the 1j man

Sound ill see can i get in contact with him.