The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing and replacing diff cushion without SST

Samurai 20V

There is a tube video with a guy using an electric jig saw to cut around the rubber to leave the metal ring that is bent into the centre and taken out. The front mounts bang out with a sturdy hammer blow. from the bottom, then once lifted a crow bar will fetch them out.

There is a tube video with a guy using an electric jig saw to cut around the rubber to leave the metal ring that is bent into the centre and taken out. The front mounts bang out with a sturdy hammer blow. from the bottom, then once lifted a crow bar will fetch them out.

I did see that, seems barbaric.. But in the absence of the tool, not much option.

I should have bought the PHR tool...

I read your thread, will use your freezer method to fit the rear bushes.

Thanks.

I had to cut the rear bushes out. I cut a slit with a hacksaw and then used a chisel to push them out. I managed to do this without damaging any of the faces of the frame.

As per Barry's comments, I then used a chisel and hammer to get the main frame bushes out. Was quite straight forward.

I've just bought the PHR tool to reinstall the diff bushes, but have yet to get round to it. Still buying rear frame and suspension parts.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)